Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight Silver - Show Your Stuff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is that the Arlington Superchargers!?

Good eye! We were visiting the Tulalip Outlets and decided to go out of our way to try a supercharger for the first time.

After becoming very familiar with the charging network available to my i3, I was happy to see such a nice charging station. The best part was that I didn’t have to do the usual plug in, unplug, repeat routine due to charger errors and was able to successfully start the charge within a split second of plugging in, which is unlike what I’m used to with the networks available to my i3. This may seem insignificant to some, but OMG, I can really appreciate it now. Electrify America’s network is a joke in comparison when it comes to the users experience and until they fix their handshake process with the car so that isn’t so prone to errors, I won’t buy another EV that relies on it.

18BD4101-0EEC-4C47-9420-C098D5A5C4F8.jpeg
Good eye! We were visiting the Tulalip Outlets and decided to go out of our way to try a supercharger for the first time.

After becoming very familiar with the charging network available to my i3, I was happy to see such a nice charging station. The best part was that I didn’t have to do the usual plug in, unplug, repeat routine due to charger errors and was able to successfully start the charge within a split second of plugging in, which is unlike what I’m used to with the networks available to my i3. This may seem insignificant to some, but OMG, I can really appreciate it now. Electrify America’s network is a joke in comparison when it comes to the users experience and until they fix their handshake process with the car so that isn’t so prone to errors, I won’t buy another EV that relies on it.

yeah, that Arlington station has a lot of chargers too! I was there a couple months ago on my way back south from Whidbey! (Sorry, I know she is white. Traded for Midnight Silver Y)!

Last edited:
What color are the wheels and wheel covers powder coated? Im debating whether if I should get the inductions or just powder coat the geminis with my MSM.
I was going to get the inductions too but didn’t want to spend anymore money than I had to knowing the wheels underneath were nice enough.

Wheel covers I sprayed painted with Rust-Oleum Universal Metallic - Carbon Mist color from Home Depot. The wheels I sanded down, did 3 coats of the same paint (1 hour between each coat) and then 2 coats of clear with 1 hour breaks between each. Sprayed the lug nut covers I got off Amazon the same to match. So far they’ve been holding up amazingly well (been 3 months) and I haven’t gone back to the hub caps.

Next thing is painting the brake calipers red too. I already got the paint kit but haven’t had time.

I didn’t hesitate on the MSM at all. It was either white or MSM. Blue is too boy racer look (my personal opinion).

I had a blue M3 before purchasing the Y... I really like both but definitely have to say the blue with the chrome delete of the Y catches my eye anytime I see it on the road and makes me think about whether or not I made the right decision to go MSM on my Y.

@rensupreme yes. we haven't ordered quite yet but are down to these two colours. I love both and it's very difficult to choose, but think we are leaning toward MSM.

Here's mine when I picked it up in Fremont.

View attachment 631605

Ahhh I think asking for opinions on this made the decision even harder. Especially with a picture of both of these side by side in the previous post haha