Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight Silver - Show Your Stuff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Replika R241 Rims
IMG_7816.JPG

Powder coated w/Nokian Tire Hakkapeliitta R3 SUVs mounted.

thanks. Those are the same winter tires I have on my Jeep. They are the best and seem to last forever. However, I was hoping to avoid needing to swap wheels/tires twice a year. If I get the model y I might have to look into getting all “weather” tires. Especially if Nokian makes them for the Y. Was hoping the stock all seasons would be good enough.

Reactions: Jtheorry
thanks. Those are the same winter tires I have on my Jeep. They are the best and seem to last forever. However, I was hoping to avoid needing to swap wheels/tires twice a year. If I get the model y I might have to look into getting all “weather” tires. Especially if Nokian makes them for the Y. Was hoping the stock all seasons would be good enough.

I have the Performance w/21" wheels/summer tires. I'm hitting the mountains this weekend, so figured it is better to be prepared than in some ditch.

27B2A85E-601E-46B5-9AA9-E4A6304D6445.jpeg
27B2A85E-601E-46B5-9AA9-E4A6304D6445.jpeg
D99786EC-2231-4509-885B-B428ADFD77D3.jpeg
I didn’t make a separate thread, but it was pretty straight forward. I’ll detail it out as best as possible:

1. I bought an extra bumper cover for $15
2.cut out a 2X2 opening on the old one since it was already trashed and then used it as a template for the new cover and cut it out with a jigsaw. The hole doesn’t have to be perfect since the rubber cover has an edge to it that covers imperfections
3. I spent $5 on a standard rubber hitch cover
4. I bought smaller Tesla logo from Amazon for $10
5. Attached logo from the back with a screw since double sided tape wasn’t strong enough to stick to rubber cover.

I should add that this only works if you have a rack with a locking mechanism that doesn’t require a pin, or you would otherwise have to still remove the bumper cover to install a pin lock, which is a PIA, and the reason why I did the mod in the first place.

Attachments

• C157E6DF-018A-4A5C-9B53-CABAFF5D3A00.jpeg
    C157E6DF-018A-4A5C-9B53-CABAFF5D3A00.jpeg
    497.6 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: Noflash