TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Midnight silver with tan interior

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Razdds2, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Razdds2

Razdds2 Member

Any pictures of this? Is it a decent combo, with the matte wood.

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I love it. Tesla 4.jpg Tesla 3.jpg Tesla 2.jpg Tesla 1.jpg

3. JeffS

JeffS Member

Completely subjective question, but in my opinion...no...awful.

There used to be a light grey interior that was really nice with the dark grey colors.

Not sure what they are calling dark grey now. When I first started looking, I was in to the dolphin grey with light grey interior.

Then it was just called grey for a while.
    Now it's midnight metallic silver I think.

Mine has black interior. To my eye, that's the only color that works with the dark midnight grey.

Titanium silver though...looks awesome with tan interior in my opinion.

4. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Midnight is much darker than Dolphin Grey. And it has a bit of blue in it so not so bad with the tan. I would not want tan with the Dolphin gray for sure, but if it was me it would be black with the grays.

5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I had placed my order for the Dolphin Grey with beige. But they discontinued it while I was waiting and called to offer me any color at all for no extra charge. I was really tempted to get the MC Red. It's lovely. But I am not really a red car kinda guy. Even though I do love it. So I went with the (then) Steel Grey (now) Midnight Silver (WTF?) and I absolutely love it. I had black on black for years, as I really do think it's the best combo. But it is just so much much darn work-and hot! It is totally a matter of personal choice. There is no wrong answer. Though I might argue with pink on green...

I am very happy with my choice and even if I could magically change it, I wouldn't. I have since added some red highlights, which help to add some visual interest. Though my friend says it looks "gangsta"!
    Alloygators 1.jpg

6. Razdds2

Razdds2 Member

I think light interior with darker exterior is a nice contract. I've got a center console from Evannex that it's tan with matte wood, so would prefer to be able to keep it.

Overall you're happy with the car color?

7. Tampaukfan

Tampaukfan Member

Light interiors are nice, but keep in mind the tan and light gray will show dye transfer from jeans and dirt. Black interior is always the safest choice and looks better with age.

8. AQQU

AQQU Member

I drive a 2nd-hand S85 in that exact color combination. The moment I laid eyes on the car (and its color) I knew: yes, that will be mine. It feels lounge-y and is inviting, it looks elegant and makes us feel at home. One caveat, though: it is a end of 2014 model with the then standard-dashboard, not the black alcantara one. Not sure, if I would go for the combo with the black alcantara being part of the package bringing in yet another texture and color hue.

9. msnow

msnow Active Member

Absolutely. I went with grey interior and matte Obeche and LOVE it.

10. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

Nice photos. Tan to me is the best interior color for the Model S. We've always had light interiors in cars and find that to be open, airy, and inviting. I find black interior to be gloomy.

Never had any issues with "dye transfer" from clothes or dirt. One of our Mercedes is about 8 years old now and the light interior is still pristine. About once a year we apply a good quality leather cleaner and then a conditioner and that is it.

11. DougH

DougH Active Member

Matte wood is awesome, not a fan of tan or grey leather or those red bands, tweens put those on their Honda's LOL......no thanks.