Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midrange Model 3 Vibrating w/ limited regen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my new Model 3 MR on Friday. (18'' wheels, EAP).

The first two days are great. There is a problem with the rear passenger window - it's not going all the way up when leaving the car. I have a service appointment set up for that. Today a more serious problem popped up. We got snow, and it was much colder then earlier. Strangely enough, as the day went on (and it got colder), the car started shuddering and vibrating at speed. I literally watched the front of the hood bouncing up and down. This was on the same route that I drove each of the previous two days....

I have a warning (that I expected) that due to the cold, region is limited..

I also was loosing range much faster (50%) then expected. Not sure if that is just cold and battery, or if there is another problem.

I took a dashcam video here. Has anyone else seen this?

I would double check lugnuts immediately. Just in case.

Could be just a bad tire. Or bad balance.

What you describe is not normal in any way, shape or form.

I’d call service immediately too. Don’t want to damage something.

Was that a TeslaCam Video?

I couldn't quite see what was happening, but that doesn't sounds good. The only thing I can think of is maybe your lane departure warning? That makes the car shake like going over a cattle grate or something. Otherwise, definitely should be a SC issue. Also check what @mswlogo mentioned.

I hear you on the cold, it has destroyed my regen and range as well. Plenty of other owners are reporting these symptoms so it seems to be pretty normal. Batteries have a hard time in the cold.

Last edited:
There is a trick to resetting your windows to go all the way up if they gotten out of sync. I should know the steps you take but don't. It's been mentioned a number of times here on TMC though. I'll try to do a quick search but if not I'm sure someone else here will remember what to do.

I couldn't quite see what was happening, but that doesn't sounds good. The only thing I can think of is maybe your lane departure warning? That makes the car shake like going over a cattle grate or something. Otherwise, definitely should be a SC issue. Also check what @mswlogo mentioned.

I hear you on the cold, it has destroyed my regen and range as well. Plenty of other owners are reporting these symptoms so it seems to be pretty normal. Electronics have a hard time in the cold.

Electronics are fine. It’s strictly the battery that dictates regen availability.

Good point on lane assist. But it didn’t quite sound like that.

Forgot to mention, I believe there is a recalibrate procedure for door windows. Search for it or check manual. I have never done it, but saw it mentioned a few times.