Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

midwest to HHI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to drive to Hilton Head Island from Columbus, OH in the next few months in my S85.
I was waiting for the Asheville supercharger to be built which just happened this year.
So was looking for some advice from people who have charged there.
I was planning on charging to 100% in Knoxville before heading up the mountains to Asheville. So when I reach Asheville how much should I charge to? My next stops would be either Greenville or Santee (if I can make it). I was mainly wondering about the elevation change from Asheville. Don't want to charge the car too high if I will be going downhill (regening the whole time) and regaining charge into the battery.
What do you suggest?

I don't know if you can make it from Asheville to Santee without a stop in greenville. Given that, from Asheville to greenville is easy. I'd only charge in Asheville enough to get the tapered charge rate, maybe 60% or so. Then stop in greenville and charge for the Santee run. There is a good elevation change from Asheville to greenville.

Looking to drive to Hilton Head Island from Columbus, OH in the next few months in my S85.
I was waiting for the Asheville supercharger to be built which just happened this year.
So was looking for some advice from people who have charged there.
I was planning on charging to 100% in Knoxville before heading up the mountains to Asheville. So when I reach Asheville how much should I charge to? My next stops would be either Greenville or Santee (if I can make it). I was mainly wondering about the elevation change from Asheville. Don't want to charge the car too high if I will be going downhill (regening the whole time) and regaining charge into the battery.
What do you suggest?

Hey buddy, we are making this trip again in February, want to draft? You can make it to London to Asheville in one full charge but it's pushing it since there isn't hardly anything to do in London while you wait for that full charge. We are going to hit Knoxville since it's like a replica of Polaris, just about everything you could want in that mall area. So we'll do I75 down to Knoxville, then cut over to Asheville, Greenville, and then Santee. Greenville to Savannah is also doable, but I really wanted to hit up that super shady bait/tackle,homemade salsa,icecream parlor,gas station across the street from the supercharger in Santee.

Hey buddy, we are making this trip again in February, want to draft? You can make it to London to Asheville in one full charge but it's pushing it since there isn't hardly anything to do in London while you wait for that full charge. We are going to hit Knoxville since it's like a replica of Polaris, just about everything you could want in that mall area. So we'll do I75 down to Knoxville, then cut over to Asheville, Greenville, and then Santee. Greenville to Savannah is also doable, but I really wanted to hit up that super shady bait/tackle,homemade salsa,icecream parlor,gas station across the street from the supercharger in Santee.
Let me know how that gas station in Santee turns out! ;)
Can you skip London and get Knoxville?
Hope your trip CO went well.

Can you let us know how long it takes you from the Knoxville SC to HHI? I am just south of Nashville and was wondering if that route from would be shorter for me then the Chattanooga, Atlantic Station, Macon, Savannah leg I usually do. Thanks!

I typically hate to go out of my way to Santee as it is SO close to home in Charleston. Yet, when I have to make a charge there I never miss that "super shady bait/tackle, homemade salsa, ice cream parlor". Hilarious.