Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midwest Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!

New to the forum, I took the plunge you all beat me to on May 29th and ordered a MY 5 LR AWD in white with the black interior, I went with the 20" inductions, and we added the tow hitch from the factory. I had my preapproval but that has since expired, just waiting to hear from Joe at the Clarkston, MI gallery and I'll get my loan and take delivery! I wanted to start a thread for our region, after some searching I didn't find much for the Midwest or Michigan in particular so hopefully this can be of some help.

As of right now my delivery window is July 26th to August 15th but it's bounced around like everyone else on here, my birthday is Aug 16 so if I get it before then I'm happy!

Thanks for having such a great community I've already learned a lot and I look forward to learning even more after we take delivery

Garrett

Hi, welcome! I am new to the forums as well. I ordered MYLR5 MSM Black Int. 19" Gemini, no tow or FSD. I will also be taking delivery from Clarkston. I ordered 5/22 but my EDD is Sep 16-30.. Hopefully will be sooner than that!

Reactions: gmetcalf18
Hello! I‘m in MI as well, but will take delivery in GR. I placed order on 6/2 for Y LR, MSM/black, 5 Pass, w/ inductions, No tow/fsd. EDD is October, but I’ve bounced around too. Was mid September for couple days, but back to October. I’m really hoping to get it early September. Hope you can get yours in August!

Reactions: gmetcalf18
My EDD was October, but today it's not just blank. I did have someone reach out to me via email about financing from the GR location, but I already had that squared, which made me wonder if my profile was not complete. I had them check and they said yep, looks good/all set. Now just a blank date...:rolleyes:

similar EDD as mine and a few others here. i bet they're all planned to be built in the same batch.
I've read a few times if your last day of the EDD stays the same and the first day keeps creeping back one day at a time (mine has gone back 3 days in the last week I believe) you're about to have your car produced. I do not think this has been confirmed but my SA said my car has a built date of the last few days in July and it's normally 3-4 weeks from when it is built to when it is delivered to Michigan. If it's built 7/29 and gets to me by 8/21 then that follows that timeline pretty well but I'm not hard pressed for the car so if it takes a few more days or weeks it's whatever to me at this point I just hope it's delivered without issues when the time comes 🤞

I've read a few times if your last day of the EDD stays the same and the first day keeps creeping back one day at a time (mine has gone back 3 days in the last week I believe) you're about to have your car produced. I do not think this has been confirmed but my SA said my car has a built date of the last few days in July and it's normally 3-4 weeks from when it is built to when it is delivered to Michigan. If it's built 7/29 and gets to me by 8/21 then that follows that timeline pretty well but I'm not hard pressed for the car so if it takes a few more days or weeks it's whatever to me at this point I just hope it's delivered without issues when the time comes 🤞
similar situation... wife and I WFH so we sold the more expensive car (mine), down to my wife's since it's paid off and have been saving the BMW payments since it's been gone. Initially when I placed my order I expected to receive it sept/ oct so august is a little early but I'm definitely not placing the order on hold or releasing the car once I know it's mine. Sharing one car has caused so much friction between me and my wife.

similar situation... wife and I WFH so we sold the more expensive car (mine), down to my wife's since it's paid off and have been saving the BMW payments since it's been gone. Initially when I placed my order I expected to receive it sept/ oct so august is a little early but I'm definitely not placing the order on hold or releasing the car once I know it's mine. Sharing one car has caused so much friction between me and my wife.
My wife has a 4Runner which I literally paid off yesterday, it's pristine and low miles worth almost what we paid for it and at 15mpg and 3.40 a gallon I talked to her about it, she loves her 4runner but this opportunity to get into a Tesla isn't going to come again. I have a Lexus LX 570 which she's going to drive after we sell the 4runner, then I still have my old Yukon XL which I'll drive until the Tesla comes, sell the Yukon when I have the model Y and I'm going to dump that cash into the loan come out with an empty driveway, a full garage, and spending a lot less in gas every month!

Reactions: Sw3rv3c1ty
Ordered 5/23 in Chicago. EDD was originally June/July, but has jumped around constantly. Currently listed as 8/23-9/12, so who knows. I'm hopeful I'll get it in the next month.
My order was accepted on 5/25 I feel like it would make sense for Chicago to get their cars before Detroit area but if there is something I've seen common sense and Tesla sometimes don't line up perfectly