Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midwest Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ohhh nice! Hope you picked you MY today! Congratulations if you did! Share pictures if possible 😃
Hey sorry! 328 miles so far and it's been awesome! She's at the PPF and tint place right now but should have it back early Friday and I'll post some photos. Already curbed an induction, had a girl take a turn real wide into a parking lot I was leaving, I over adjusted to avoid her and kissed my front right wheel in two places 🤬 luckily my buddy does wheel repair and made my decision very easy that I'm going to need a second set of wheels, inductions just got demoted to my winter beater wheels and I'll get something nicer and less curb seeking for my summer set 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: anix7776
Hey sorry! 328 miles so far and it's been awesome! She's at the PPF and tint place right now but should have it back early Friday and I'll post some photos. Already curbed an induction, had a girl take a turn real wide into a parking lot I was leaving, I over adjusted to avoid her and kissed my front right wheel in two places 🤬 luckily my buddy does wheel repair and made my decision very easy that I'm going to need a second set of wheels, inductions just got demoted to my winter beater wheels and I'll get something nicer and less curb seeking for my summer set 🤷🏻‍♂️
Congrats! How was the experience taking delivery at Clarkston? Was it pretty busy? I am still waiting for my car, I will be picking up there as well (eventually 😝)

Hey sorry! 328 miles so far and it's been awesome! She's at the PPF and tint place right now but should have it back early Friday and I'll post some photos. Already curbed an induction, had a girl take a turn real wide into a parking lot I was leaving, I over adjusted to avoid her and kissed my front right wheel in two places 🤬 luckily my buddy does wheel repair and made my decision very easy that I'm going to need a second set of wheels, inductions just got demoted to my winter
Boy oh boy! I just hope that it’s not that bad also, it’s now like a devils evil’s eye. No more scratches! Very happy for you….share the pictures soon! Good to know that Michiganders are getting deliveries on time

Congrats! How was the experience taking delivery at Clarkston? Was it pretty busy? I am still waiting for my car, I will be picking up there as well (eventually 😝)
I think I got pretty lucky, I was supposed to pick up on Monday at 1130 but they texted Saturday and said if I can get there between 1-615 I can get it early. I texted I can be there by 7 but no earlier and they had no problem waiting for me and I got a personal delivery with Joe and Steven. They were great they helped me program the fob I bought and the phone key. I really like the system, I know the wait sucks but it really was worth it!

Boy oh boy! I just hope that it’s not that bad also, it’s now like a devils evil’s eye. No more scratches! Very happy for you….share the pictures soon! Good to know that Michiganders are getting deliveries on time

Attachments

• PXL_20210914_164041791.jpg
    PXL_20210914_164041791.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 68
  • PXL_20210914_164101868.jpg
    PXL_20210914_164101868.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 46
It was my fault but I was pissed the girl took the turn way wide and I was so nervous she was going to hit me I wasn't even considering the curb being right there

Just picked the Musk Mobile up from New Layer Vinyl in Troy, MI. Sergey and his crew were phenomenal, treated my car with love and care and had it done before they promised. I had them apply XPEL ceramic tint on the front two windows and a full front XPEL PPF package, I drove 358 miles before it was able to be installed and I managed to acquire a decent rock chip in my front bumper that Sergey pointed out, but not a big deal. As mentioned earlier I already curbed an induction, so the paint chip matches the rims now. I love the car, there is some getting used to still, and for some reason the cargo area feels smaller now that it's mine and not a test drive, but the sub trunk has been very helpful, as are the side cubbies and I haven't needed to used the frunk yet but it's nice to know I still have a few feet of cargo left up front if necessary. Waiting on my black badges, getting my curb rash fixed, and hopefully not doing anything until next month or six weeks and I'll have to figure out winter tires and possibly wheels as well.

Attachments

• Tesla Model Y 1.jpg
    Tesla Model Y 1.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Love
Reactions: anix7776
Finally got my VIN, 265XXX. EDD was 10/7-10/27, now is 9/25-9/30! Thought midwest VINs were done for the quarter but apparently not, was very surprised to get the call today. Didn't check my account all day haha maybe that's the secret

Reactions: TuS3XY
Anyone in the midwest seeing any further movement? My EDD has been at 10/3 - 10/23 since last Friday. Been living vicariously through the deliveries/pick-ups from folks on the forum, but haven't seen a lot (if any) in the Midwest (Chicagoland anyone?).

Anyone in the midwest seeing any further movement? My EDD has been at 10/3 - 10/23 since last Friday. Been living vicariously through the deliveries/pick-ups from folks on the forum, but haven't seen a lot (if any) in the Midwest (Chicagoland anyone?).
I'm a chicagoland waiter as well! Looks like we pretty much had the same order date, but I'm waiting for the MYLR. My EDD is about a month after yours.

Reactions: dfiz1