Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

mifi vs premium connection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MIFI vs premium connection. I bought a used 2019 model x which comes with 1 month of a premium connection. After that time period which ends march 31st, i believe i will need to pay about $10/month for a premiun connection through tesla. A price I am willing to pay. I also have a Verizon 4g Mifi. I was wondering if anyone uses a Mifi instead of a premium LTE connection. I would assume the speed shough be comprable. Not quite a smooth to have to make sure the mifi is connected each time, but doable. Any thoughts

thanks

Yes, I use a monthly premium connection on holidays but use the wifi hotspot from my phone on all other trips where I need an internet connection for online music and to download updates. My tmobile 4G connection is faster than the LTE connection.

I recently started using the Teslamirror app in combination with my phone’s wifi hotspot to stream any screen content on my phone on the 15 inch car screen of my Tesla model 3.

www.teslamirror.com

Upvote 0
MIFI vs premium connection. I bought a used 2019 model x which comes with 1 month of a premium connection. After that time period which ends march 31st, i believe i will need to pay about $10/month for a premiun connection through tesla. A price I am willing to pay. I also have a Verizon 4g Mifi. I was wondering if anyone uses a Mifi instead of a premium LTE connection. I would assume the speed shough be comprable. Not quite a smooth to have to make sure the mifi is connected each time, but doable. Any thoughts
thanks

It will be a PIA to use the MiFi. Mainly because the car forces Wifi off, whenever you start driving. You have to manually connect to Wifi if the car is moving. I would stick with the premium connectivity.

Upvote 0
Yes, I use a monthly premium connection on holidays but use the wifi hotspot from my phone on all other trips where I need an internet connection for online music and to download updates. My tmobile 4G connection is faster than the LTE connection.

I recently started using the Teslamirror app in combination with my phone’s wifi hotspot to stream any screen content on my phone on the 15 inch car screen of my Tesla model 3.

www.teslamirror.com

Are you affiliated with teslamirror? You are going around promoting this website in multiple threads (yes I am replying to you in the various threads you are bumping with this information)

Upvote 0