Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MIG Model Y video (specifically factory luggage cover)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been some discussions on the possibility of Model Ys coming with boot luggage covers from the factory.

Found this video on YouTube where a walkaround is being done on a Model Y with a specific bit on the factory luggage cover. He also makes reference to them being on Berlin and Shanghai built Model Ys.

I’ve not seen any actual pics or videos of the factory luggage cover, so apologies in advance if this has already been posted (I did also fo a search but nothing came up). Looks like there’s a slight change in the boot side panels, so not going to be straightforward to retrofit.

Fast forward to 2:15 for specifics on the luggage carrier.

Reactions: Toblerone
There have been some discussions on the possibility of Model Ys coming with boot luggage covers from the factory.

Found this video on YouTube where a walkaround is being done on a Model Y with a specific bit on the factory luggage cover. He also makes reference to them being on Berlin and Shanghai built Model Ys.

I’ve not seen any actual pics or videos of the factory luggage cover, so apologies in advance if this has already been posted (I did also fo a search but nothing came up). Looks like there’s a slight change in the boot side panels, so not going to be straightforward to retrofit.

Fast forward to 2:15 for specifics on the luggage carrier.

No step up with the panel gaps ... despite the German fit and finish that everyone goes on about ... I think my Fremont M3 is better than the one in the video ...