Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MIG model Y. When will we see it in the UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW my thought is that they have higher energy density, so a battery with the same kWh capacity would weight less, and consequently car would have more range. Maybe rapid-charge faster ... maybe early-adopters will have a range of unforeseen problems ... but if viewing Tesla-history that's will all be plus ça change of course
Sounds good. I read something like 16% more range for same battery weight. Useful for sure, but I wouldn't delay ordering if it's not happening this year. Being an early adopter is risky too I think. Current MIC MY builds appear to be well sorted, so we've ordered a second one.

There have been a few people with contacts in Tesla that have mentioned UK MYP will come from Berlin. A service desk agent or SA wouldn't likely have that kind of information, and if they did they wouldn't be allowed to say it to the public.
Agreed. Now, just dreaming here, it would fun to collect the car at Berlin, after a few days break in that great city, and drive it back to England ( hopefully without swirlies in paint.

Reactions: Markee68
Sounds good. I read something like 16% more range for same battery weight. Useful for sure, but I wouldn't delay ordering if it's not happening this year. Being an early adopter is risky too I think. Current MIC MY builds appear to be well sorted, so we've ordered a second one.

Speaking of longevity which we were't really, but nowadays, I do not allow relevance to guide my responses. So, .....

.....a friend remarked that if I no longer buy green bananas, how come I have ordered a Tesla? I replied that the waiting for my MY is more fun (thanks to TMC) than watching bananas ripen...... though, as to how much more fun, I remain noncommittal!🙃 and continue, with patience, to eat ripe fruit whilst trying not to wish my days away.............now, how many more sleeps to ...........

I wouldn't bother waiting if you want to be driving one now. Our MIC MY easily has the best build quality of the 3 Teslas we've owned. Range is a non-issue for us and so the battery spec doesn't matter. I don't even know what the 4680 cells bring to the party? Another thing to consider is that there is every chance you could buy a MIC MY right now and trade-it in against a MIG MY next year for minimal net cost. If they run into supply issues, you might even make money on it.
Yes, waiting means you are missing the enjoyment of driving one now…
Delaying prolongs the torture of waiting for a delayed delivery 🤨