Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Might be seeing the light at the end of tunnel:)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I was the one who posted the support number I had before, for tesla energy support. It goes directly to tesla energy phone reps. I have only called a couple of times but never got a busy signal or had to push any buttons to get to anyone... they picked up after a 2-3 rings. This was pre "end of march 2020" and all that entailed with the way work is done NOW vs how it was done in jan / feb.

What is the direct #?

@charlesj thanks for posting this. I used it to check on the status of our solarglass roof inspection. They ended up pushing it back a week, but no one had contacted us. So I called the number (this is support number for cars and I guess everything), selected energy products, and the solarroof and got right to a someone. He looked us up and read me the information about the a permit update they needed to make, and ensured the inspection team had our number and would contact use before coming out on the 28th.
I forgot to add to my post that just giving my name was enough to find me as I told the person I had a job number and Tesla number. Answer: don't need it, have you right here.:D
Way to go.

Reactions: jboy210
Another milestone that went smoothly. Payment.
Half now(card credit limit) going smoothly although CC company has yet to register a few hours afterwards this payment yet. Made payment from my credit union account to CC to take effect tomorrow. Then, as soon as that transaction tales with CC, final payment, maybe by Friday or early next week.
Now, I will have a 1% payback from Amazon.:)

Another milestone that went smoothly. Payment.
Half now(card credit limit) going smoothly although CC company has yet to register a few hours afterwards this payment yet. Made payment from my credit union account to CC to take effect tomorrow. Then, as soon as that transaction tales with CC, final payment, maybe by Friday or early next week.
Now, I will have a 1% payback from Amazon.:)

Yeah, that's a nice little bonus. I was really surprised Tesla would accept a CC for payment - I figured they would be okay taking one for the smaller down payments, but not a lot of companies like paying the CC fees for such large transactions. But I guess Musk did make a nice chunk of change from PayPal back in the day. Either way, if you can get 1% (or more) back from a CC by paying that way, it is another item to take into account when calculating the pricing.

Yeah, I jumped on the CC thing when I had mine installed too.

Yep, me too lol. I use my CC for everything I can and just pay it off at the end of each month. When I found out that I could do a CC with tesla for the entire amount even, I was surprised. I checked and checked because I was sure there was going to be some sort of "2% processing fee" or something like that, but nope.

I did the entire thing on one CC transaction, then checked the next month and no extra fees or anything. I had checked but didnt believe it, lol.

Reactions: aesculus
PayPal process CC transactions. I wonder if Tesla uses them.
Mentioned PayPal above - that is exactly how they handled it with me. Not sure how all the contracts are handled, but I paid $1,000 a while back to secure the reservation, then $2,500 when we agreed to move forward, and 50% of the remaining balance each at material delivery and after passing inspection. Everything except the first $1k Tesla issued me an invoice in PayPal which I could pay using any payment methods PayPal supports, including CC.

Mentioned PayPal above - that is exactly how they handled it with me. Not sure how all the contracts are handled, but I paid $1,000 a while back to secure the reservation, then $2,500 when we agreed to move forward, and 50% of the remaining balance each at material delivery and after passing inspection. Everything except the first $1k Tesla issued me an invoice in PayPal which I could pay using any payment methods PayPal supports, including CC.

strange - i paid the deposit (it has been so long that i don't remember the amount) but since that transaction no one at tesla has asked me to pay anything more. weird that they would not have a standard process for this.

strange - i paid the deposit (it has been so long that i don't remember the amount) but since that transaction no one at tesla has asked me to pay anything more. weird that they would not have a standard process for this.

I believe that poster has a solar roof, which seems to have a different pay flow than powerwall install.

• Informative
Reactions: astrorob
I believe that poster has a solar roof, which seems to have a different pay flow than powerwall install.
Yeah, it looks like there are some differences, though you might think they would standardize on something - Paypal, their own system, or whatever - for handling payments. Just for clarity, for the solar roof, with a process starting in 2019, there was first a $1k refundable deposit to get in line. Then, when I made it to the front, they asked for another $2.5k (also refundable) to complete the detailed plans (and initially, they planned to come out in person and fly a drone over the house - but turns out being in the DC area, that takes all sorts of time, so they eventually went to using satellite and other images) and then 50% each (non-refundable) at material delivery and passing inspection. The first $1k I paid when filling out whatever form was on Tesla's website for that, and the rest I paid after receiving a PayPal invoice.

While I understand Tesla not breaking up Powerwall installs into as many payments, it does seem odd they wouldn't issue those invoices in PayPal as well, but it is not surprising that they inconsistent.

Yeah, it looks like there are some differences, though you might think they would standardize on something - Paypal, their own system, or whatever - for handling payments. Just for clarity, for the solar roof, with a process starting in 2019, there was first a $1k refundable deposit to get in line. Then, when I made it to the front, they asked for another $2.5k (also refundable) to complete the detailed plans (and initially, they planned to come out in person and fly a drone over the house - but turns out being in the DC area, that takes all sorts of time, so they eventually went to using satellite and other images) and then 50% each (non-refundable) at material delivery and passing inspection. The first $1k I paid when filling out whatever form was on Tesla's website for that, and the rest I paid after receiving a PayPal invoice.

While I understand Tesla not breaking up Powerwall installs into as many payments, it does seem odd they wouldn't issue those invoices in PayPal as well, but it is not surprising that they inconsistent.

For me, they did issue it via paypal. I was told that I could pay it over the phone with a human, and they would process it, or that they would issue it to me via paypal. I got the impression that the human would be punching it into paypal anyway, lol.

Strangely enough, I felt better about doing it electronically through paypal vs giving my CC to a human who would have the knowledge that I had a large enough credit limit to put 18k on a charge on that card. I wanted the digital receipt and since I verified that I would not pay some "processing fee" when using paypal, I did it that way.

I paid $100 to get started, and didnt pay the balance till after installation and passing city inspection. Once the city inspection passed, they sent me a bill for the balance, and told me (in very nice terms) that the balance was due before they would submit for my PTO with the utility.

I already had solar so the powerwalls were fully operational, etc, and no issues running them, but I went ahead and paid the balance to try to get the PTO as fast as possible.

I paid $100 to get started, and didnt pay the balance till after installation and passing city inspection. Once the city inspection passed, they sent me a bill for the balance...
Interesting. They sent the email bill before city inspection. Still no inspection but it works. :D
Half paid Wednesday and other half next week.

Discovered that credit card company doesn't run a real time update for available credit even though the automated response( lack of humans) does indicate payment received and charges made.

For me, they did issue it via paypal. I was told that I could pay it over the phone with a human, and they would process it, or that they would issue it to me via paypal. I got the impression that the human would be punching it into paypal anyway, lol.

Strangely enough, I felt better about doing it electronically through paypal vs giving my CC to a human who would have the knowledge that I had a large enough credit limit to put 18k on a charge on that card. I wanted the digital receipt and since I verified that I would not pay some "processing fee" when using paypal, I did it that way.

I paid $100 to get started, and didnt pay the balance till after installation and passing city inspection. Once the city inspection passed, they sent me a bill for the balance, and told me (in very nice terms) that the balance was due before they would submit for my PTO with the utility.

I already had solar so the powerwalls were fully operational, etc, and no issues running them, but I went ahead and paid the balance to try to get the PTO as fast as possible.

Since you already had solar, I assume you were pumping the excess kW back onto the grid already. Is that correct? If so, to do that didn't you already need and have PTO?