TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Mike Flewitt - Mclaren Automotive CEO on hybrids, full EV's and Autonomous vehicles

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by andrerodpt, Oct 26, 2016.

1. andrerodpt

andrerodpt Member

This is an interesting interview conducted by evo to the CEO of one of the major sports car brand in the world. Surely one of the most important today - Mclaren Automotive.

Let me say I'm very sorry for the quality of the photos, but I think the important can be read. I highly recommend the magazine to every... ahem... petrolhead(?)... erm... ok anyone that loves cars.

I'll just highlight this quotes:
    "[on the task of engineering the "Thrill of Driving" to an EV] Making it fast enough isn't a challenge. Tesla are building vehicles weighing two, two-and-a-half tons that have got phenomenal acceleration, and building an EV is actually probably more straightforward than a conventional powertrain."

"(...) For track use we've actually looked at how long people go out on tracks and typically 20 or 30 minutes at a time is a good use, then you come back in and put in on a rapid charge. You'll get it back up very quickly to about 80 per cent battery and then go out, use it and enjoy it."

"[on autonomous] First of all, I see it as an inevitability. On a very personal level, I don't have a any problem driving but that's kind of irrelevant because it is where I see the world going and it does drive safety and it will drive efficiency as well".

IMG_5110.JPG IMG_5111.JPG IMG_5114.JPG IMG_5115.JPG IMG_5116.JPG IMG_5117.JPG IMG_5118.JPG IMG_5119.JPG