Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mike Flewitt - Mclaren Automotive CEO on hybrids, full EV's and Autonomous vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is an interesting interview conducted by evo to the CEO of one of the major sports car brand in the world. Surely one of the most important today - Mclaren Automotive.

Let me say I'm very sorry for the quality of the photos, but I think the important can be read. I highly recommend the magazine to every... ahem... petrolhead(?)... erm... ok anyone that loves cars.

I'll just highlight this quotes:
"[on the task of engineering the "Thrill of Driving" to an EV] Making it fast enough isn't a challenge. Tesla are building vehicles weighing two, two-and-a-half tons that have got phenomenal acceleration, and building an EV is actually probably more straightforward than a conventional powertrain."

"(...) For track use we've actually looked at how long people go out on tracks and typically 20 or 30 minutes at a time is a good use, then you come back in and put in on a rapid charge. You'll get it back up very quickly to about 80 per cent battery and then go out, use it and enjoy it."

"[on autonomous] First of all, I see it as an inevitability. On a very personal level, I don't have a any problem driving but that's kind of irrelevant because it is where I see the world going and it does drive safety and it will drive efficiency as well".

IMG_5110.JPG
IMG_5111.JPG
IMG_5114.JPG
IMG_5115.JPG
IMG_5116.JPG
IMG_5117.JPG
IMG_5118.JPG
IMG_5119.JPG