Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mileage and how to confirm SC rate limiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A month or two back I noticed SC taking longer. I have 3 near by my commute that I used regularly for ~65,000 miles. Noticed I maxed out at 80kw now typically run at 78kw regardless of SoC. Had appointment at Service so had them look and this is what they posted.

Concern: Following a recent update, Supercharger rates limited to 78-80kW regardless of state of charge or Supercharger. Validated rates multiple times at Riverview, Brandon, Tampa 50th St, and Celebration Fl Superchargers.
Reviewed vehicle log data. No faults related to charging in system. Performed auto diagnosis tests. Found no issue. Supercharged vehicle at 3 different stations at Brandon location and confirmed all supercharge vehicle to 78-80 kw. Inspected supercharger data. Found all superchargers at Brandon location limiting power output. Timestamps and station numbers required to check data for other reported locations. All data indicates charging limitation is external to vehicle and resulting from Supercharger. Data will be submitted for review by Supercharging Team. Verified vehicle onboard charging system operating as expected.
Correction: General Diagnosis

Anyone know how to find out if your rate limited and what if anything you can do about it?

Thanks!

Wish I had been logging and paying more attention. It seems it came with one of the software updates however I don’t have any data sets to show for it to be sure.

The examples above I have looked at along with the push they did after the car fire in Hong Kong or wherever it was. However mostly I see 85/90 batteries affected not the 75kw and I don’t know architecturally if they are built the same with just more capacity or different cells/boards/etc.

Also I have read people get reduced due to overusing them, and I use them 5-6 days a week due to their location and a 160 mile commute. It seems like I over utilize them but 160 miles on Interstate with a ~225 mile range is pretty close to 80% usage/charging and not topping off for free. Plus if it was over utilization I would think it would have happened long ago, not at 65,000 miles unless their is a battery fault they are trying to work around instead of replacing it under warranty.

I’ll follow up with my service center and see if they have heard back and try to open a ticket with support and reference the service center visit as well.

Thanks!

M@