Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mileage vs percentage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would love to have a tap of the %/miles toggle between them. With all the hyperventilating that happens over miles, I suspect people would really stress out with both showing at the same time and how they go up/down differently. Though, maybe it would actually help people be calm to have them both displayed so they could pick the one that reassured them to focus on.

it sure would be nice if you can adjust the EPA watt per mile to your liking. One thing I don't see much is what the wpm is on most Tesla's. The model S I had 75 was approx 278. The model X we currently have is 330 and the Y we have is 245. Most example, we are only getting 80% battery range. So, if there was a way to adjust the wpm higher, that would give you a more accurate range mileages. Why is this not possible.

I would love to have a tap of the %/miles toggle between them. With all the hyperventilating that happens over miles, I suspect people would really stress out with both showing at the same time and how they go up/down differently. Though, maybe it would actually help people be calm to have them both displayed so they could pick the one that reassured them to focus on.

i wouldn’t think it would stress them out because they would have the same numbers on ye just an added percentage or mileage
Ya would be nicer to have it more accessible or convenient at least to have it one tap type thing

i wouldn’t think it would stress them out because they would have the same numbers on ye just an added percentage or mileage
Ya would be nicer to have it more accessible or convenient at least to have it one tap type thing

maybe have it so we can customize it like now with more options
That would ease everything/everyone
If you’d like to have both at the same time
Or just one by one

To help with your question though. I run scan my tesla and have rated range in one of the gauges that I monitor. I keep the car in percentage and glance at this often.
PXL_20201022_182558526.jpg

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Mr X and byeLT4
To help with your question though. I run scan my tesla and have rated range in one of the gauges that I monitor. I keep the car in percentage and glance at this often.
View attachment 604902

Thank you, ya for sure that’s an option
I’m hoping that telsa implements this in own software so we don’t have to rely on 3rd party ones
Now that you mention it, wasn’t even thinking about it till now would be cool if they added more transparency into things like that for people who are interested and just popped in my head
Would be awsome! If just like some phone companies you can check the status of battery health!!!!

It's already possible to have percentage displayed AND the miles. You can do this by having the "energy" displayed while driving. It can actually show projected miles instantly or by average.

ya that’s true, I guess I’m just saying without that open. I like having navigation and music access
Sometimes I have the rear camera on
Same thing applies to it’s a simple toggle in the settings to change from mileage to percentage but I guess it’s just convenience have both in the same area at the same time
and features that make it a lot better and more livable

Yes, been saying this forever!

Considering how many different ways you can open the charging screen, making the little battery icon a toggle switch would be perfect. Maybe have a list of option check boxes in the display settings so you can choose to toggle between the two or through several:

e.g.,
Percent
Miles
Percent with miles inside battery icon
Miles with percent inside battery icon
Hours (especially useful when parked/stuck)
Open charge screen
Play cowbell (FakeBell - George Maharis)