Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Miles on your Model X at Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
We had 90 miles on our Model X at the time of delivery. Is that consistent with what others have been seeing with May deliveries as well? That is a lot of miles for being 4000 cars+ into their build cycle. For comparison, my Model X VIN 1267 only had about 30 miles.

What month was your delivery, what VIN range and how many miles at delivery did you have?

Last edited:
Related point of discussion. We had 90 miles on our Model X at the time of delivery. Is that consistent with what others have been seeing with May deliveries as well? That is a lot of miles for being 4000 cars+ into their build cycle. For comparison, my Model X VIN 1267 only had about 30 miles.

Don't have an X, but they may have had a rattle during inspection. If your car is problem free, I would look at the extra miles as extra effort. Maybe Musk even slept in the car after doing quality control. Any rocket pamphlets under the seat?

Don't have an X, but they may have had a rattle during inspection. If your car is problem free, I would look at the extra miles as extra effort. Maybe Musk even slept in the car after doing quality control. Any rocket pamphlets under the seat?
Oh, I'm not worried about it. And so far it is perfect, no rattles at all. We thought maybe the passenger window rolled up outside the seal once, but haven't seen it recur. That said, 90 miles is a LOT of extra effort. Figure at least 2-3 hours or more of seat time for whomever was doing that pre-delivery inspection.

This is interesting. A client of a friend (yeah, I know :rolleyes: ) actually refused delivery of their X because they felt there was too many miles on it and no one they talked to about it could tell them why. I believe it was, like the OP, greater than 50 but less than 100.

He told me today that another client actually refused delivery due to excessive panel gaps. Maybe he just works with overly fussy folks? I dunno. o_O:p;)