TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Miles

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dano9258, Jul 12, 2018.

?

How many miles do you have already

1. Under 5000

68.8%
  2. 5001-15000

25.0%
  3. 15001-25000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Above 25000

6.3%
  1. dano9258

dano9258 Member

I'm curious who has the most miles on their model 3. I want to do road trips in this thing right away. But u can see that getting that mileage up there quickly. Has anyone passed 25000 miles already?

2. RayK

RayK Member

404 miles owning the car for 9 days. Farthest trip so far has been from San Jose to SFO. On track to about 16K miles a year, which is more than normal for me. My 18 year old BMW is at 193K for an average of just under 11K. I'm thinking about taking the car up to Portland, OR the next time I visit my daughter. I've made the trip a couple of times in the last 33 years but I typically drive straight through, just stopping for gas. Same could be done in the 3; just spending a few more hours supercharging.

3. Craig-Tx

Craig-Tx Member

Over 8K miles in 3 months.
    Most of that was a 3 week road trip - over 5600 miles from Fort Worth Texas through the south west US. Farthest point was San Francisco. Absolutely was a great experience! This car is a road trip king!

• Like x 3
  4. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

Frequent road trips is why I bought the LR version of this car. Unless you're looking to sell it within a few years you shouldn't care too much about putting mileage on it. I plan on using the car until it dies.

5. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

argh, hit the wrong button and can't change my vote.