Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Military members

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To my fellow service members, thanks for what you do. And for my fellow service members who own Teslas, thanks for doing it in such great style! :) I am a geeky, nerdy, techvangelist Signal Officer in the Army. My Model X is a congrats to me gift for making it 30 years in the Army. I'll keep putting on this uniform and serving my country as long as Uncle Sam lets me. To the Tesla community in general, thanks for supporting your military members. We couldn't do what we have to do without your support.

Thank you all for your service.

USAA is fabulous. Was surprised to learn the other day that we have been members for 33 years due to the foresight of my FIL getting my wife enrolled just out of college. As an example of their service mentality and performance, this month I made a simple request to change the expiry date on the credit card used for monthly autopay. They had a computer glitch in making the adjustment, and the same lady called me back 5-6 times over a couple of weeks to keep me advised on the progress towards the change becoming effective. Rather mind boggling. Several other instances of excellent service over the years. Feel fortunate not to have to deal with GEICO et al.

Can I ask a tangential question? No military in my family currently, but my grandfather was in the Army in WW2. He's been dead since 78, and his wife since 94. If they're both gone, then is it too late for his kids to apply for USAA?

Can I ask a tangential question? No military in my family currently, but my grandfather was in the Army in WW2. He's been dead since 78, and his wife since 94. If they're both gone, then is it too late for his kids to apply for USAA?

Definitely worth calling USAA to find out. I would think it would work but not sure.

USAA has been advertising recently that they are looking for new members, but criteria aren't mentioned. Please let us know what you find out.