Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Million Mile Battery now in China SR+ ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this what was missing in battery day?

CATL LFMPs are rated at 4000cycle duty. The new SR+ just announced in China with LFP has a range of 290 miles. That is formally a 1.16 million mile battery .

The key will be the battery pack size to look at what efficiency you would need to drive to get that.

• Funny
Reactions: gaswalla and P85_DA
Looks like range has increased as well!

I think in china they use a less conservative measure of range compared to EPA. But it is still formally a million mile battery ! Even with a 250 range it is still a million mile battery. The key thing is the Iron batteries have a higher cycle number. The NCAs are more fragile. CATL have managed to get the energy density up high enough to get enough LiFe battery in a M3. I believe the cost of these is about 80 dollars a Kw/hr. So no wonder the price is tumbling !

I think in china they use a less conservative measure of range compared to EPA. But it is still formally a million mile battery ! Even with a 250 range it is still a million mile battery. The key thing is the Iron batteries have a higher cycle number. The NCAs are more fragile. CATL have managed to get the energy density up high enough to get enough LiFe battery in a M3. I believe the cost of these is about 80 dollars a Kw/hr. So no wonder the price is tumbling !

Tesla cuts Model 3 price in China, improves range with cobalt-free LFP batteries - Electrek

CATL LFMPs are rated at 4000cycle duty. The new SR+ just announced in China with LFP has a range of 290 miles. That is formally a 1.16 million mile battery .
The key will be the battery pack size to look at what efficiency you would need to drive to get that.

I've been using this chemistry in my home builds since 2008. Great for hobbyists as they tend to be friendly during abusive use. You can knock a nail through them with little fuss.
They are far safer than the cobalt chemistry and don't tend to burn spontaneously.

The lower capacity shouldn't be too much of a problem in the SR+ as the traction battery casing has a lot of spare room in it to allow larger format cells to be installed.

Reactions: FEERSUMENDJIN

Two people rated the above funny.
I know comedy is subjective but I don't get the joke?
What am I missing?