Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Milton Keynes SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a heads up if you turn up at MK SC before 8am.

I turned up a little early (7.30am this morning) and the site was closed until the guys/girls turned up to open the gates. If you "park" on the road right next to the SC, waiting to go in, your car will go into Service Mode and you will find that you cannot move off with out the pin code they set!

They opened the gates around 7.50am but i had to go in to get the guy to unlock my car so i could move it which was sitting out on the road.

You can park further down the road so this does not happen.

Reactions: Gazp
How is someone from Milton Keynes supposed to pick their loan car up from Stratford on Avon and get to work? That would be a day wasted including the return instead of 40 mins. Even worse if there is no loan car. How would you get home from there easily
Exactly - so I have a Saturday appointment so not to disrupt work. My wife had the idea we could make a day trip out of it and visit Stratford - nice place to spend a day. But yeah not really convenient.

Just a heads up if you turn up at MK SC before 8am.

I turned up a little early (7.30am this morning) and the site was closed until the guys/girls turned up to open the gates. If you "park" on the road right next to the SC, waiting to go in, your car will go into Service Mode and you will find that you cannot move off with out the pin code they set!

They opened the gates around 7.50am but i had to go in to get the guy to unlock my car so i could move it which was sitting out on the road.

You can park further down the road so this does not happen.
I had this issue when I was in last when they completed the work - was able to sign into the car again with my email address and password. Can’t remember how though.

My Car has just been in, and has got to go back and they could only book it from the 14th Feb onwards - I am not too pleased considering they were supposed to sort everything out at the visit yesterday, and one of the issues that now needs sorting, they caused - technician was replacing my tail lights and has broken the grommets that hold the out side of the light into the body. Part to be special ordered, along with my replacement headlights which are full of condensation.

I requested they do my recall check at this visit, as my car shows up on the recall VIN search, but, they were a flat out no, as they advised that there are currently no M3 trunk recalls in progress in the UK, as it has not filtered over from the states yet.

Apparently once it does, owners will receive an email.

I booked mine in earlier last week for an electric boot lift issue and they were there then. I noticed that they no longer seemed to be offering appointments earlier than 8am, as previous times I booked in very early (6 or 7am) as it was more convenient to get to work.

They then texted me and re-arranged it for a mobile ranger visit instead.
how did your boot go actually - mine was not detecting closing (prob a broken actuator) but i've managed to find a short term fix for now. wondering if it's the same problem or it's sth else

Part to be special ordered, along with my replacement headlights which are full of condensation.

I've got this as well now. My headlights are also full of condensation. I first noticed a few days ago, I was being flashed at by other cars and that had never happened before.

Personally, I think it's a safety issue but I'm also waiting. Both mine are due to be replaced.

I already had the taillights all replaced and side indicators, so this makes it a full house.

To me this speaks volumes, every external light has needed changing within around a year, absolutely crazy.

I had a nose of other M3's around a shopping centre car park - so many had condensation in at least one light. It really doesn't look good.

how did your boot go actually - mine was not detecting closing (prob a broken actuator) but i've managed to find a short term fix for now. wondering if it's the same problem or it's sth else
Sometimes it'll open about 30% then make two beeps, other times it will open almost 100% and give two beeps, and occasionally it will open fully without issue. Since the autumn the number of times it's got stuck at 30% has gone up, tried lubricating the hinges but made no difference. Never have any issues closing it, just opening it.

Reactions: icemankaka
Sometimes it'll open about 30% then make two beeps, other times it will open almost 100% and give two beeps, and occasionally it will open fully without issue. Since the autumn the number of times it's got stuck at 30% has gone up, tried lubricating the hinges but made no difference. Never have any issues closing it, just opening it.
it sounds a bit like the actuator giving some time in the future... (but mine just went - never had a "30%" moment) It wouldn't open but it's shown as open - and then I cant "close" it!

Urgh, so I can’t seem to book an MK appointment or a mobile appointment either. This is to fix a wind noise issue that they themselves created, by the way. I originally asked for some lubricant for a squeaky window and instead they replaced the seal without properly recalibrating it. A further trip later and it’s still not fixed. I don’t mind waiting, it’s not urgent, but to completely remove the MK option is annoying. Yes I can see there’s a million Teslas around here now, but is it that bad?

Yes I can see there’s a million Teslas around here now, but is it that bad?

Probably.

Unfortunately a high percentage of them will have service appointments following issues the owner found at delivery, along with other faults that develop over time. It's the Tesla way.

In my case, I've kinda got use to needing an average of one service appointment every few months. My next one is already scheduled. I wish I could pre-book slots like I do with the weekly grocery delivery.

Tesla will need to grow their service network to cope with future demand. They must have the statistics to tell them.