Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Milton Keynes Service Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading lots of negative posts about service centres I wanted to say that I was impressed with Milton Keynes.
Very helpful with sorting out the few issues I had with my new M3 LR. Provided a Model X as a loaner and kept me updated with what was happening!
We’re apologetic about not being able to replace the inside drivers door trim as no stock in Europe, so ordered it and now waiting for it to arrive from the US.
The work completed was spot on and they explained the results of all work carried.
Obviously I would rather of not had any of these issues in the first place but can’t knock Milton Keynes for their service!

• Informative
Reactions: 15Peter20
I'm I missing something here where it is thought of as impressive that Tesla nearly do all the work that it was booked in for?

Shouldn't the expected minimum the level of service be that they complete everything asked of them in an well communicated, competent, clean and timely manner? I would have thought that Impressive is when they go above and beyond.

Its good that they apologised for not having the drivers trim in time for the job. I often never found that part of the job was not completed by spotting the issue after collection, either on the car, or in the invoice. Was this replacement part known about prior to the service visit? Even if not known about, they are still doing just the job expected?

My (not MK) experience comes from a series of postponed service centre visits where required parts were fully known many months in advance yet they still failed to have them available in time for at least 3 scheduled visits, two of which were postponed the day before the visit.

Tesla seem to have a big supply chain issue which can cause huge delays and inconveniences for the customer. I guess I'm just spoiled by my local independent guy who can diagnose a fault in the morning and have the replacement parts delivered in time to have the fault fixed and car ready for pickup in the afternoon.

I'm I missing something here where it is thought of as impressive that Tesla nearly do all the work that it was booked in for?

Shouldn't the expected minimum the level of service be that they complete everything asked of them in an well communicated, competent, clean and timely manner? I would have thought that Impressive is when they go above and beyond.

Its good that they apologised for not having the drivers trim in time for the job. I often never found that part of the job was not completed by spotting the issue after collection, either on the car, or in the invoice. Was this replacement part known about prior to the service visit? Even if not known about, they are still doing just the job expected?

My (not MK) experience comes from a series of postponed service centre visits where required parts were fully known many months in advance yet they still failed to have them available in time for at least 3 scheduled visits, two of which were postponed the day before the visit.

Tesla seem to have a big supply chain issue which can cause huge delays and inconveniences for the customer. I guess I'm just spoiled by my local independent guy who can diagnose a fault in the morning and have the replacement parts delivered in time to have the fault fixed and car ready for pickup in the afternoon.

I’m sorry you have had a bad experience, I was just sharing my thoughts on what happened today!
I have had various new cars all with their own little issues. I have also had various levels of customer service from dealerships.
I just wanted to highlight that the customer service in my eyes was pretty good. I had heard nothing but horror stories on this and other forums.
The missing part is a full in door panel which has recently been changed for the new revised M3. I would obviously like this to have been replaced today but unfortunately it couldn’t. The service centre was not fully aware of whether it needed replacing or not until it was inspected. I did add photos to my service booking but they didn’t really highlight what was needed.
I believed this customer service was far superior to the German manufacturers that I had used before!
Again sorry if this is not up to your required standards but for me I was generally pleased with how I was treated!

My experience with them has been excellent. I had my delivery defects rectified on my model 3 and a further couple of rattles. Always sorted with no problem very polite and the loan cars are ok (mine have always been ex smokers so smell a bit IMO)

But yeah the service is very good. I also like the keyless drop off and pick up. Very simple.

Reactions: Tall_Ross