TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Milwaukee and S/E Wisconsin Tesla Owners Chapter now up and running! Need Members!

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by islandbayy, Sep 12, 2013.

1. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

I have the official Tesla owners group up and running, and planning some activities for October :)
    We need MORE MEMBERS!
    http://www.teslaowners.com

Make SURE to select Milwaukee for your Chapter

2. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Joined today

3. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

4. Luder94

Luder94 Member

Quick question: Why can't the community organize here? I'd like to know of events regardless of Chicago chapter, Milw/SE Milw chapter, etc.

I'd like to be kept aware of events/activities for Madison, Rockford, Chicago, Milw., etc. Do I have to join each individual chapter (can I join each individual chapter)? I'm as likely to make it to SE Milwaukee events as I am to Chicago and NW suburb Chicago events.

5. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

No, you don't need to join, and in fact, any events I plan or we plan I'd post here reguardless. Though, it is nice to know who is local, or in a specific area.

6. Luder94

Luder94 Member

I'm a FIB....a Chicago Bear loving FIB; however, I have friends that are 'bedda-chedda' heads (Wisconsinites that are also Bear fans). I come up there a lot, do A LOT of automotive-focused activities...would love to be able to meet as many Tesla fans in the UMW as possible. I'd hate to have missed an opportunity to meet and hang out with other owners because of not knowing.

Hopefully next summer, there'll be a few more charging options further north of Milwaukee. I'd love to be able to drive and organize a group of Tesla owners and a drive to Road America for BRIC and ALMS; with them hosting a Tesla corral near the Sargento bridge.

7. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Id love to do a Road America. Imagine 10, no, 20, no 50 Tela's Blasting around the race track :) MUHAHAHA!!!

8. thefortunes

thefortunes Member

+1.

BTW, I am in Beaver Dam and have a NEMA 14-50 on PlugShare if anyone needs some juice heading north.

9. Luder94

Luder94 Member

That'd be great for two and half laps....then everyone would be pulling into the paddock to recharge. :D

10. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

I think we'd get temp limited on the motor controller (inverter as well) first. The longest I've been able to sustain 120mph was 30 seconds before the kwh limiter kicked in, though, once at that speed, I was able to sustain that for about 2 minutes, then ran out of road.

11. scott2613

scott2613 Member

Hi,
    I tried to sign up but it did not work. Perhaps I made a mistake.
    Scott Marshall

12. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

try again

13. Pewaukee-Mark

Pewaukee-Mark Member

I'm new to this. My P85+ arrives in late June 2014. I live in Pewaukee (Waukesha County) and would like to sign up but don't know how. Thanks

14. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

#14 islandbayy, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    Dont waste your time, the site has turned into a train wreck. Your best bet is Here for finding out things and happenings. Don't forget to read the thread about the upcoming Wisconsin Dells Tesla Party on May 17th.

15. Pewaukee-Mark

Pewaukee-Mark Member

I will not return to Pewaukee till 5/28/14 then I wait till "late June" for delivery. I hope there will be more events this summer.