Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mind the gap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker, first thread poster! I took delivery about a week ago of an AWD car that so far, I love. Gaps seem to be ok except for one on the passenger door (see picture). The gap allows the door and chrome to align up on that side, but from the inside, I can see that portion raised. I figure that it would be more trouble to fix than its worth but I wanted to see if anyone else had this gap issue? I know there were a lot of issues earlier on, so I figure some gaps are more “standard” than others. This was a late Nov mfg.

5383ECC4-369A-41C1-8848-C64B03C4E170.jpeg
Here is the pic

Mine has a bunch of little gap differences. I know ALL of them. Nobody else notices them though. I can walk around any car and find gaps, paint distortions, interior imperfections. Tesla seems to get extra picky owners because for a lot of them this is by far the most expensive car they have ever purchased and expect the car to be perfect. If there is something you can't stand, whip out your phone and make a service appointment. If not, enjoy the car.
The only thing I had fixed was a creak coming from the wood panel. They placed a small piece of felt in there and the noise hasn't returned in 15k miles.
Dealing with a very intermittent motor whine now, that started at 17k miles. I will take it back in there when I can replicate it on demand or have enough videos to prove it is making the sound.

Ohhh that creak would drive me crazy! Yes, I tend to agree with you, although I don’t remember my past BMW’s or Audi’s having gaps like this. I have a feeling that some of these (like the one I have here), would be a real pain to fix since everything else lines up perfect on that door.

Ohhh that creak would drive me crazy! Yes, I tend to agree with you, although I don’t remember my past BMW’s or Audi’s having gaps like this. I have a feeling that some of these (like the one I have here), would be a real pain to fix since everything else lines up perfect on that door.
You have white like I do. After looking at friends cars, I have noticed the white makes the gaps more noticeable. Probably has something to do with the shadows.

Yeah, I agree. But, I still think it's the best color :) So, while my work computer decided to upgrade to Windows 10, I had some time to kill, so I went to the Tesla service center about 3 miles away from my office. The rep there just simply pushed down on the chrome and it went into place o_O I was impressed that I didn't need an appt and they were very nice. Kudos to Tesla. The whole experience from ordering to delivery to this has been wonderful!