Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mini Austin Cable Swap Meeting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys,

I am meeting someone else at the Tesla supercharger in Austin on 6/19 (Tuesday) at 11:30 am for a quick lunch meetup to swap cables. If anyone wants to meet up in the Austin area and you have time come meet me. Also if you have a cable to swap you might be able to swap those there too. I will have 2 USB-C cables I want to swap for lightning cables. I know someone else in Austin that has a USB-C and would like a lightning.

Sounds like there are a bunch of Apple folks in Austin area.
I’m the same, have a usb C and want Lightning

Yeah I am finding the same thing. What would have been awesome for Tesla to do is have a box of each type of cable at the service center. When you pick up the car ask what kind you want. Then they only have to order boxes when they run out and they would probably have less of the USB-C floating around in people's consoles ;)

• Love
Reactions: Twiglett
Have you all thought about just going with some of the after market wireless charging options that are out there? I had to take my phone (iPhone X) out of it's case to even fit into the lightning charger so think this is a good option for me.

Have you all thought about just going with some of the after market wireless charging options that are out there? I had to take my phone (iPhone X) out of it's case to even fit into the lightning charger so think this is a good option for me.

Honestly I don't really need to charge in the car all that often. I find it a pain to get my phone out every time I get in the car and when I do take it out I forget it half the time in the car and have to go back for it. My wife and I have iPhone X and they have plenty of charge for us to last the entire day. I just need it every once in awhile and I have the apple leather case on my phone so it fits fine. The reason I want two cables is for road trips because the phones can drain faster when you are in poor cell phone coverage and I don't want to spend the money for the wireless charging when I won't use it that much.