Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mini Cooper 2Door SE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking of the 2022 Mini SE as a second car. I am working from home and my wife is a Dentist who works part time at three different locations commutes daily.. Have Tesla Model Y 7 seater on order for longer trips and road trips. The range on the mini is like 110 miles but I am looking at all the videos and reviews pointing out that you can realistically do close to 140 miles in summer and definitely 110 miles in winter I thought it is the best electric 2nd car and for city driving.. The price is extremely good too, 30000 with out the 7500 federal incentives.

Any thoughts, have any of you thought about this as a second car?

Reactions: polyphonic54
hoping to get 30% more than the listed range isn't exactly living within the car's limitations
I am NOT hoping to get 30% more range, I am evaluating it as a second car for commuting, even if we can get the claimed 110 miles out of it, we are totally fine with it and works for us as a second car strictly for day to day driving like groceries, dropping kids and short commute to a restaurant or with in city driving. And, based on all the reviews, it is easily doable. I was just trying to get opinions from folks if they considered it or any helpful info that might help with my decision.

I have had one for almost a year. It’s an amazing little car, and quite a deal after tax credits (and state incentives if that applies). You’re right about the range being conservative.

Do you have any specific questions?

(Just saw this is an old thread)

Did you wind up getting this? It seems like it would be a fun car to autocross.
We took our MY delivery last month. Right now I have 8yr old Audi Q5 that I want to get rid of at some point..will be getting the second electric when that happens. Original thought was to get rid of Q5 and get Tesla but, our Subaru Crosstrek was offered literally what I paid for minus like 5 or 600 less than what we paid for three years ago, so we decided to sell Subaru instead.

I’ve owned a lot of EVs (too many in fact). The MINI SE is the most fun. It’s not faster than a Model 3 RWD but wow… it FEELS faster and it’s fun to toss around.

It’s so tiny compared to other crossover EV SUVs. I can see why MINI owners are so obsessed with their cars. Actually it’s not that different from early Tesla owners.
FA205011-D082-456C-A9B1-4B0979D2B488.jpeg

95013E00-ACC2-4BDB-B5F9-23BE806E3F71.jpeg

Reactions: polyphonic54