TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mini-E leasee scores a Roadster test drive

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by TEG, Jul 13, 2009.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

2. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

Are Roaster test drives really that hard to get? When I visited Menlo Park in May the guy just gave me the keys and a map and said "see you in 45 minutes." Did I get the VIP treatment? :)

3. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

They will give anyone that looks like they might be a potential customer a test drive. Just fill out the form and leave a copy of your DL.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Really, I was told (by a customer) that they ask for $1,500 that goes to the purchase price.

I don't know if it's true but there must be precedence at Ferrari etc. dealerships to stop the joyrides -that we now see on YouTube.

5. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

Refundable $1,500? Or non-refundable?
    Since the entire $9,900 deposit is refundable, I don't see why they would request $1,500.

I guess I have not dealt with this. Both times I have been to Menlo Park they just gave me the keys to a Roadster and said, "have fun".

Maybe it is the fully paid Roadster deposit that got that for me. :rolleyes:

6. Kardax

Kardax Member

I wonder how many MINI-E lessees will buy a Tesla when BMW takes their cars away...

They're paying $900 a month right now, which is comparable to a Model S on a 60-month term...

-Ryan

7. DRM

DRM Roadster #619

If you seem like a real customer, they'll give you a test drive (you take the car & a map, they don't ride with you). If you look like an atypical customer (e.g. myself), you might want to send them an email in advance saying you plan on stopping by and would like a test drive -- it's surprisingly easy.

On a related note, if you walk into a Ferrari dealer, the same thing is true. It's ridiculously easy to test-drive an exotic car.

//dan.