Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mini Spare For Model 3, Hyundai Genesis 18" works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone here know if the Hyundai Genesis 18" spare will fit a LR AWD Model Y?

It will fit but I have tried it and it makes the traction control go crazy as the diameter is smaller than the Model Y standard tires.
This was an good video I watched on this subject. He had the correct diameter tire from modern spare but there are even slight differences in tire diameters from different manufacturers.

Ok mr rich.

That's Mr. Convenience to you you unless your in Great Britain. 🤣
Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 9.28.00 PM.png

What about a centering ring? All non OEM wheels I bought came with a centering ring. My understanding is that bolts are not intended to provide lateral support.

Hi,. A hub centric ring just helps you line up the wheel to prevent vibration. I will measure and order them anyway but even discount tire says they are not required.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Not normally a "cautious" person but...no way I'd use another manufacturers tire and something not specifically designed for my Tesla, or BMW or Fiat or...
I've had my Genesis spare for a couple years now. Used it twice with no issues. Just follow the 50 mph max speed, and you'll be fine w/ a temporary spare. Love that I haven't had to rely on Tesla for roadside assistance.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and BMWM3Man