Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mini split electrical specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am starting to play with what is the actual numbers for my house relating to how much I have, vs could it meet code spec for a 200A feed.
Just not clear what to use. What I see when using a few heads seems a lot less that things I see. Below is one of my compressors. I just seem things like max fuse, and then min circuit ampacity. I then find other info in a spec sheet. So what VA or watts do I use in my load calculations?View attachment 903604

View attachment 903602
Mitsubishi recommends a 40 AMP breaker for this unit. and to answer your question max wattage is 3575 watts which is running maxed out in heat mode and 4112 watts maxed out in cooling mode.

I am on a 200 AMP primary panel, everything is electric; heat pump water heater, stove, oven, 1 Tesla charger, hot tub (which I may convert to heat pump), and 5 mini splits, cloths dryer (may replace with heat pump). Also have a sub panel in the garage and a sub panel just for the heat pumps, as I haven't decommissioned the old HVAC oil burner and AC unit (trying to use up the oil this season to then get rid of tank).

Last edited:
Mitsubishi recommends a 40 AMP breaker for this unit. and to answer your question max wattage is 3575 watts which is running maxed out in heat mode and 4112 watts maxed out in Cooling mode.
Those figures reflect the unit's power draw at prescribed indoor/outdoor temperature combinations, and are not the figures to use for an NEC load calc.

Cheers, Wayne