Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minimizing blind spots - Tesla Model 3 wing mirror showdown: US OEM vs Europe OEM vs Suma vs Hansshow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the original article with full methodology and photos:

https://www.skytopia.com/project/tesla/mirrors

For the lazy however, here's a quick summary:

I've always wanted wing mirrors which can minimize if not totally eliminate the blind spot, so I wanted to try them all out to see which best achieved this. The Hansshow wing mirrors looked to have the widest angle view, closely beating out the Suma wing mirrors (by 9%), themselves beating out the Europe OEM (by 8%), which of course easily beat the US OEM (driver side) by around 40%.

In terms of hydrophobicity, the Suma mirrors win this time, beating the Hansshow, and both are significantly better than the OEM.

Mirror quality is fine on all three with no real difference other than the OEM versions have a slight double-vision effect at some angles, possibly due to the layered glass for the auto-dimming. It's barely noticeable though. For the blue tinted version, Suma claim to have a more lasting coating due to how they layer the glass.

Finally, Suma Performance's mirrors cost $160-$170, while Hansshow / Hautopart cost just $79-$89.

I have zero affiliation with any of the above companies, apart from being a happy customer.

I bought mine on aliexpress. $30, blue tinted, wide angle, heated with turning signal.

20200414_184248.jpg