Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minimum garage size

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interested in learning what the absolute minimum width and height for a garage to be able to reasonably utilize FWDs (i.e. ok if it doesn’t open fully). I’m spoiled as I currently live in a condo with a large garage with all the space I need but looking into moving to a house with a 2 car garage that is ~200 inches wide and ~100 inches tall - so I would have ~100 inches (maybe up to 102 inches) width for my MX. Height seems to be ok but it is the width I’m concerned about and this could potentiallly be a deal-breaker. Before doing an actual test, I wanted to see if there are owners with similar environment to get a sense. Thanks much!

I had same issue, very tight fit. The salesperson actually drove the x home to test fit before ordering one. I can open one of the fwd, but usually just summons out of the garage. When in , I have 1inch in front, 3
Inches in back and 1inch clearance on each side of side View mirrors, but it fits.

100" tall is plenty to fully open (need to watch out for things the hang down like garage door openers and rails.)

The width is probably adequate, too, though it'll be fairly tight, especially if you need to get into the outside doors while parked (the center doors presumably have more room to swing somewhat into the other car's space.)

I have a very very tight garage and I could open the FWD fully inside. I think I have about 12 to 14 inches clearance on the side. The FWD will stop half way because it detected the shelves on the side, but I could override it with the button and open it fully without hitting anything. Even with it half way open it is enough for someone to duck and get in the back.