Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minimum speed required to engage autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To initiate Traffic-Aware Cruise Control when no vehicle is detected ahead of you, you must be driving at least 18 mph (30 km/h), unless certain vehicle and environmental conditions are met, in which case, you may be able to initiate it at lower speeds. If a vehicle is detected ahead of you, you can initiate Traffic-Aware Cruise Control at any speed, even when stationary, provided Model X is at least 5 feet (150 cm) behind the detected vehicle.

To initiate Traffic-Aware Cruise Control when no vehicle is detected ahead of you, you must be driving at least 18 mph (30 km/h), unless certain vehicle and environmental conditions are met, in which case, you may be able to initiate it at lower speeds. If a vehicle is detected ahead of you, you can initiate Traffic-Aware Cruise Control at any speed, even when stationary, provided Model X is at least 5 feet (150 cm) behind the detected vehicle.
I remember this was the case before (18 MPH), but at some point recently I feel like it can be down to 0 now depending on circumstance. Even when the first car at a traffic light, or even 1 MPH (TACC speed is even set to 1 MPH). I’ll need to go test this to confirm, but I’m pretty sure I remember seeing this recently.