Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minivan to Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha! Same for me. You will enjoy the difference. I only miss 2 things from the minivan: the the extra room, but that was really only needed a couple times a year for me, and the not feeling bad about beating the he** out of it. The X gets much more TLC from me.

Edit: Oh, and my kids miss the second row arm rests

Model X was just confirmed! So excited to get rid of my minivan and move to my Model X. Srsly, minivans are the worst.

I currently have ordered the Ultra White Seats...any concerns from current owners?
Just completing 8 months of owning MX with ultra white seats..running a high school carpool..road trips..seats are as good as new ..literally no effort to keep them clean. Once I had a big black smudge on the headrest from something, used a little bit of Windex and it wiped off right away.

• Informative
Reactions: Gwgan
Also 8 months and 8500 miles. No issues with keeping the seats clean, aside from a defect in one of the seat belt lubricating mechanisms. They're replacing that seat in whole.

I replaced an Odyssey. Great van, but it was an ICE. From a utility and space standpoint, it was awesome. I don't miss driving it one bit, though.

Waiting for our 90D with non-perforated ultra-white seats (have 2 youngens in carseats), currently have a Prius and an Odyssey.

The Odyssey in my view appears to have the X beat out in terms of pure utilitarianism, but hopefully I will be proved wrong for the most part once I get my new ride.

Ha! Same for me. You will enjoy the difference. I only miss 2 things from the minivan: the the extra room, but that was really only needed a couple times a year for me, and the not feeling bad about beating the he** out of it. The X gets much more TLC from me.

Edit: Oh, and my kids miss the second row arm rests

Totally get the arm rest thing. Hopefully their excitement over the FWD will help?

Love my 6 seater white seat X. 3 kids and dirty shoes and the seats still look good.

Congrats on the jump! Hopefully you got a $1000 savings from a referral. If not feel free to use mine :)

Thanks! I also ordered the 6 seater. So glad to hear the white seats are holding up. My husband has his 2nd S, so we did get the referral.

Also 8 months and 8500 miles. No issues with keeping the seats clean, aside from a defect in one of the seat belt lubricating mechanisms. They're replacing that seat in whole.

I replaced an Odyssey. Great van, but it was an ICE. From a utility and space standpoint, it was awesome. I don't miss driving it one bit, though.

I'm replacing an Odyssey also. I do like the space and convenience but hate the way it drives. I also hate that EVERYONE has an Odyssey. Oh and I really, really miss a heated steering wheel.

I love my 1998 Odyssey with 185,000 miles on it. Time for a new car :) Love the Tesla technology. I hope the X is big enough for our annual winter migration south.
It's an adjustment from a size and utility standpoint. There are times when I think, "The Odyssey would have done this pretty easily." But most of the time, I'm pretty thrilled to be driving an X instead of the Honda. Are you keeping the van as a backup or going all X? :)

Reactions: beths11
It's an adjustment from a size and utility standpoint. There are times when I think, "The Odyssey would have done this pretty easily." But most of the time, I'm pretty thrilled to be driving an X instead of the Honda. Are you keeping the van as a backup or going all X? :)
We will sell the van (for not much, but a family will get a mechanically sound and well maintained car). We have a 1994 Toyota T100 pickup we use as a second car for dump runs, and hauling garden necessities on the "farm" in Oregon (only 120,000 miles on it) ;).

• Funny
Reactions: xkwizit

Can you say more about the adjustment from the size and utility standpoint? I'm trying to convince my other half to order the MX instead of another S, and hoping to get rid of our current SUV . . .

I'm new to this forum. Wish I'd signed on sooner! =)

I LOVE driving the Model X and we've never had a minivan. But we do have 3 young kids. One thing I'll say is that although the FWD are cool, I don't think they are too practical now that I've owned my X since August. They get people's attention but they take too long to open, half the time they don't open all the way even though there are no obstructions. Half the time they still hit the side of my cabinets in my garage. And several passengers have bumped their head on the doors.

Don't get me wrong. I still love my Model X but I think the FWD's while cool are a little gimmicky.

Reactions: ohmman