TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Minneapolis- St Paul area Supercharger

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Kevin Harney, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

Anyone heard anything on this area ? Looks like it will be the next step from Eau Claire, WI.

2. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

It's not even on the 2015 map, but should be for good spacing, maybe a few around the outer ring for convenience.

3. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

Agreed. Only need about 6-7 on I 94 to complete that route. Strange thing is 25-35 well placed superchargers could pretty much complete the interstate system in the US.

4. svp6

svp6 Member

Minneapolis is on the map for 2015. Anyone knows about the location / timing? Google does not find hints...

5. flankspeed8

flankspeed8 Member

according to the map we are owed four SC's this year. I asked the same question in the regional forum. No one seems to know anything about the metro but apparently they are scouting in Duluth.

6. jct_4628

jct_4628 Member

Still nothing up on http:/supercharge.info/ at this time. My wife and I go to MSP 10 times a year and a SC would really help!

7. Thxdude

Thxdude Member

Looks like official supercharger map on teslamotors.com now has what appears to be Brainerd MN and somewhere between MSP and Duluth (Hinckley?) showing as "Coming Soon" for superchargers. Nothing listed for MSP yet though. If they are working south however then I'd assume MSP is next after those 2. The 2015 marker still shows MSP as coming in 2015. Perhaps they will also add some SC's if they expand the service center in Eden Praire (was mentioned that they were looking to double the size of the service center as they have quickly outgrown the current one). Not a great location for SC's but seems silly not to add SC's to all service centers. Would be nice if they would eventually add SC's to Rochester.

8. glenhurst

glenhurst Member

I drove up to Brainerd yesterday to look for any signs of SC construction, but I didn't find anything. There are two shopping malls, one on the east end and one on the west end, but there was nothing SC-wise at either. (I did confirm that one can use the NEMA 14-50 outlets at the campground in Lum Park for charging.) Then I drove over to Sandstone and Hinkley looking for any signs of SC activity there; again, nada. Sandstone (pop. 2775) is actually bigger than Hinkley (pop. 1781). Hinkley has a bunch of newer restaurants to the east of I-35, where SCs are often found, whereas Sandstone does not. According to the websites of all three towns, building permits are handled by the state or perhaps the county; I've not been able to find any evidence online for any of them.