Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota - FSD Beta Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Video #49 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.10.2 - Home to Columbia Heights

This video contains footage recorded on the morning of March 3rd, 2022 of FSD Beta 10.10.2 driving me from my home (NE Minneapolis) to Columbia Heights and back. Even though this is a fairly short drive I was able to confirm (2) longstanding issues have been fixed in FSD Beta 10.10.2.

00:00 - Intro
01:24 - Issue - Disengagement As FSD Struggles To Enter Fillmore St NE From Driveway
02:17 - Persistent Issues - Excessive Hesitation At 2-way Stop & Incorrect City Street Speed Limits
02:46 - FSD Completes Confident Unprotected Left Turn Onto 37th Ave NE
03:12 - Issue - FSD Enters Turn Lane Before Signaling
03:50 - Disengagement - Driver Error
04:08 - Disengagement - Attempt To Clean Dirty Windshield Blinds Forward Facing Cameras
05:10 - Persistent Mapping Issue - FSD Slows Down For No Apparent Reason
06:02 - Confirmed Improvement - FSD Now Properly Follows Route in 10.10.2
06:59 - Return Leg Of Trip
07:24 - Confirmed Improvement - FSD Now Avoids Using Shoulder When Making Particular Right Turn Onto Central Ave NE
09:00 - FSD Completes Confident Left Turn Onto 37th Ave NE
09:57 - Persistent Mapping Issue - Tesla Please Fix Incorrect City Street Speed Limits
10:34 - Closing Thoughts

Video #50 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.10.2 - Home to Timberwolf CrossFit (No Highway)

This video contains footage recorded on the afternoon of March 3rd, 2022 of FSD Beta 10.10.2 driving me from my home (NE Minneapolis) to Timberwolf CrossFit (St. Paul, MN), all on city streets (no highways). During the drive, we experienced several disengagements in familiar spots where FSD Beta has struggled in each of the 10.x builds. With that said, we were also able to recognize some improvements which occurred at the following times:

01:23 - Possible Improvement - Less Hesitation At Particular 2-way Stop During Daytime
10:35 - Confirmed Improvement - FSD Now Avoids Using Shoulder When Making Particular Right Turn Onto Snelling Ave N
13:25 - Confirmed Improvement - FSD Enters The Proper Lane After Turning Left Onto Selby Ave

As I have said in the past, we continue to see small progress being made between FSD Beta builds and I"m hopeful that we will some big improvements when FSD Beta V11 is released later this year. For the most recent list of improvements and issues that I have acknowledged with FSD Beta 10.10.2 please refer to the following list:

Improvements Compared To 10.8 / 10.8.1
  • FSD Incorrectly Uses Shoulder - When making right turns onto certain roads (See example here), FSD would previously turn into the shoulder and stay there resulting in a disengagement. Starting with FSD Beta 10.10.2, FSD will still make the right turn into the shoulder however it now quickly corrects itself and moves over to the proper lane.
  • Turning Left Into Oncoming Lane - When making a left turn onto Selby Ave from Snelling Ave in St. Paul, MN (See here), FSD would previously attempt to turn into the oncoming lane resulting in a disengagement. Based on my recent testing with FSD Beta 10.10.2, this issue can now considered resolved as the car now turns into the correct lane. This issue initially cropped up in FSD Beta 10.6.x and remained in FSD Beta 10.8 & 10.8.1.
  • Less Hesitation At Previously Problematic 2-way and 4-way Intersections - At certain intersections the car seems to hesitate less than it did in previous builds however I noticed this only to be the case in low light situations (previous behavior remains in daylight).
  • Abrupt Deceleration When Approaching Slower or Turning Traffic - The car continues to get smoother in this area however more progress needs to be made in order to properly blend in with human drivers.
  • Partially Snow Covered Roads - Planner continues to get more confident when handling & positioning itself on partially snow covered roads. With that said, further improvements in this area are still needed.
Remaining Issues
  • V11 UI - I have experienced several performance & stability issues with the V11 UI that has required me to reboot the MCU several times (see here for examples). Overall, I appreciate what Tesla is trying to achieve with the new UI especially with enhancements like the full screen FSD visualizations. With that said, commonly used controls like seat heaters are buried behind additional menus that make the new UI more difficult to use while driving. Performance and stability of the code continues to be problematic and needs some serious attention to match the quality of previous releases.
  • Sudden Braking on 2-lane Country Roads - FSD continues to struggle with 2-lane country roads specifically when encountering oncoming vehicles where it will suddenly hit the brakes.
  • Side Visibility With Approaching Traffic - While detection of laterally approaching traffic has improved with FSD Beta 10.10.2, it still remains a problem area and requires further attention.
  • Excessive Throttle Input In Slippery Conditions - The car needs to be better at detecting slippery road conditions and decreasing its rate of acceleration. This issue results in numerous disengagements especially in winter conditions that could easily be avoided.
  • Slow Decision Making - Due to latency in the FSD software stack, FSD is too slow to react to oncoming traffic when making unprotected left turns. This sometimes results in the car being very choppy with brake and throttle inputs as it waits to make the left turn. In rare cases, this results in the car trying to turn in front of oncoming traffic which results in a disengagement. As Tesla continues to improve decision making latency, I wish they would first improve creep behavior and allow the car to slowly roll into the intersection until it is safe to make the left turn. Currently the car will repeatedly go from throttle to brake frustrating surrounding drivers.
  • Car Will Not Proceed On Green - At 3 particular intersections the car will not proceed on green even though it is clear to do so. I surmise this issue is map related however I have no way to confirm this. This behavior has been present throughout each of the FSD Beta 10.x releases.
  • Car Unnecessarily Moves To Right Before Initiating Left Turn - I have noticed FSD will move almost a half a car length to the right before initiating a left turn at several intersections, many of which are located on Johnson St NE (NE Minneapolis). Aligning itself to either the painted inside curb or line would help make the car's intent much more predictable.
  • Wide Unmarked Roads - The car still likes to position itself in the center of wider unmarked roads even with oncoming traffic. If cars are not parked on the shoulder of the direction we are traveling the car should bias itself more towards the curb vs dead center of the road.
  • Auto High Beam Usage - While it isn't quite as annoying as previous builds auto high beams continues to engage in urban areas where high beams should never be used.
  • Some 3-way & 4-way Stops Still A Problem - At several 3-way or 4-way stops near my house the car will overly hesitate even when there are no cars present (and visibility is clear).
  • Inability To Read Signs - FSD currently does not read common signs like "No Turn On Red" resulting in unnecessary disengagements.
  • Flashing Yellow Traffic Lights - FSD continues to struggle with properly detecting flashing yellow traffic lights and almost always requires driver intervention in order to proceed.
  • Out of date maps - Incorrect or stale navigation data results in many unnecessary and otherwise avoidable issues (incorrect speed limits on city streets, incorrect route selection, etc.) when using FSD Beta around the Twin Cities. I continue to report these issues to Tesla however they unfortunately continue to exist in FSD Beta 10.10.2.
00:38 - More Success w/ Engaging FSD in Driveway
01:23 - Possible Improvement - Less Hesitation At Particular 2-way Stop During Daytime
02:11 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation Before Unprotected Right Turn Onto Johnson St NE
02:34 - Persistent Issue - FSD Incorrectly Positions Car To Right Before Upcoming Left Turn
03:38 - Disengagement - Excessive Decision Latency Before Left Turn Onto St Anthony Pkwy
04:24 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation At Particular 4-way Stop During Daytime
05:04 - FSD Doing A Great Job Creeping Forward While Yielding For Turning Vehicle
05:35 - Disengagement - FSD Does Not Detect Extended Stop Sign On School Bus
06:02 - Issue - Excessive Hesitation At Busy 4-way Stop
06:48 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue - Confusion w/ Path Selection After Crossing Intersection Of St Anthony Blvd & Silver Lake Rd
07:58 - Persistent Issue - Confusion w/ Path Selection After Crossing Intersection On Industrial Blvd NE
08:11 - Persistent Mapping Issue - FSD Incorrectly Moves To Rightmost Lane
08:46 - Issue - Car Strays Too Much Towards Snow Bank On Side Of Road
08:56 - Issue - FSD Makes Unnecessary Lane Change Before Intersection
09:39 - FSD Continues To Excel With Left Turn Onto East Hennepin Ave
10:11 - Minor Annoyance - FSD Slows Down Too Fast When Approaching Intersection Of Larpenteur Ave W & Snelling Ave N
10:35 - Confirmed Improvement - FSD Now Avoids Using Shoulder When Making Particular Right Turn Onto Snelling Ave N
11:55 - Persistent Issue - FSD Still Not Assertive Enough w/ Traffic Light Transitions
12:31 - FSD Doing An Excellent Job Preparing For Upcoming Left Turn In Rush Hour Traffic
13:25 - Confirmed Improvement - FSD Enters The Proper Lane After Turning Left Onto Selby Ave
14:00 - Possible New Behavior - FSD Makes Human-Like Move By Moving Over To Avoid Merging Traffic
14:45 - Persistent Issue - FSD Incorrectly Positions Itself In Middle Of Road Before Left Turn Onto Saint Claire Ave
15:47 - Persistent Mapping Issue - Car Slows Down For No Apparent Reason
16:50 - Persistent Issue - FSD Incorrectly Positions Itself In Middle Of Road Before Left Turn Onto West 7th Street
17:12 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation Requires Throttle Input To Proceed w/ Unprotected Left Turn Onto West 7th Street
17:24 - Closing Thoughts

Last edited:
Video #51 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.12.2 - Home to Timberwolf CrossFit (No Highway)

After selling my 2018 Model 3 Performance and buying a new one in March I have been patiently waiting to get re-added into the FSD Beta program. After 3 months and over 6,000 miles of near perfect driving (100 safety score the entire time), I was re-added to the program a few weeks ago. Ever since then, I have been busy testing FSD Beta 10.12.2 around the Twin Cities and am pleased to say I've noticed some definite progress since 10.10.2. Picking up where I left off with my last video, I recorded a drive from my home (NE Minneapolis) to Timberwolf CrossFit (St. Paul, MN), all on city streets (no highways). Some improvements were acknowledged along the way however several lingering issues remain from previous FSD Beta builds. The improvements as well as the remaining issues have been timestamped below:

01:06 - New Behavior - Turn Signal when Engaging FSD from Driveway
01:42 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation At 2-Way Stop At NE 36th Ave & NE Pierce St
02:09 - Possible Improvement - Increased Confidence w/ UPR Turn Onto NE Johnson St
02:31 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue - Confusing Line Choice + Decision Latency w/ UPL Turn
03:38 - Confirmed Improvement - Less Hesitation At Particular 4-way Stop At St Anthony Pkwy & NE 30th Ave
04:15 - FSD Feature Request - Pothole Avoidance
04:27 - Confirmed Improvement - Improved Handling Of Busy 4-way Stop At St Anthony Pkwy & NE Stinson Blvd
05:12 - Persistent Issue - Confusion w/ Path Selection After Crossing Intersection Of St Anthony Blvd & Silver Lake Rd
06:11 - Persistent Mapping Issue - FSD Incorrectly Moves To Rightmost Lane
07:13 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue - Car Gets Too Close To Curb + Unnecessary Lane Change
08:18 - Disengagement - Sudden Braking Mid Turn + Attempted Turn Into Wrong Lane
09:00 - Excellent Handling Of Cones
09:29 - Possible Improvement - Improved Detection Of Flashing Red Lights During Daytime
09:52 - Disengagement / Regression - FSD Again Attempts To Enter & Remain In Shoulder / Bus Lane
11:43 - FSD Doing An Excellent Job Detecting & Yielding For Pedestrians
12:56 - Annoying Issue - FSD Attempts To Turn At Wrong Intersection
13:44 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue - Planner Gets Confused And Fails To Stay In Line To Turn Left
15:12 - Issue - FSD Attempts To Incorrectly Enter Merge Lane
15:43 - Confirmed Improvement - Additional Confidence w/ Creep + Turn Onto St. Clair Ave
16:42 - Disengagement - Route Disrupted By Road Closure
17:17 - Resume After Detour Around Road Closure
17:34 - Confirmed Improvement - Car No Longer Slows Down At Specific Crosswalk on St. Clair Ave & S Avon St
18:11 - Go Pro Overheated :\
18:30 - Persistent Issue - Car Incorrectly Interprets Dead Space As Valid Traffic Lane
18:44 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue - Confusing Line Choice Before UPL Turn
18:59 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation w/ UPL Turn Onto West 7th Street

Video #52 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.12.2 - Home to Work

This video contains footage recorded on the morning of June 22nd, 2022 of FSD Beta 10.12.2 driving me from my home (NE Minneapolis) to my company’s office (Edina, MN). During this drive we recognize several improvements as well as some unfortunate issues that continue to persist between FSD Beta 10.x builds.

00:36 - New Behavior - Turn Signal Followed By Left Turn When Engaging FSD From Driveway
00:55 - Persistent Issue - Incorrect Speed Limit For Residential Streets In Minneapolis
01:21 - Confirmed Improvement - Less Hesitation At 2-way Stop At NE 35th Ave & NE Taylor St
01:54 - FSD Being A Good Steward Of The Road
02:12 - Perfect Left Turn From FSD
02:37 - FSD Safely Proceeding w/ Right Turn On Red
02:57 - Disengagement - Saving Wheels From Garbage Road
03:23 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation At 3-way Stop At St. Anthony Pkwy & NE 5th St
04:06 - Possible Improvement - Planner No Longer Attempts Lane Change Into Oncoming Lane
04:56 - Confirmed Improvement - Planner Now Properly Aligns Itself To Right Curb Around Tight Curves
06:02 - Disengagement - Fail On My Part For Not Being Fast Enough w/ Switching Waypoint
06:17 - New Issue w/ 10.12.2 - Uncertainty w/ Lane Selection During UPL Turn
06:55 - FSD Unfazed By Road Work w/ Solid UPL Turn
07:34 - Disengagement - Planner Having A Tough Time w/ Road Construction At N Lyndale Ave & N 41st Ave
08:12 - New Issue w/ 10.12.2 - Another Occurrence Of Uncertainty w/ Lane Selection During UPL Turn
08:39 - Persistent Issue - FSD Continues To Struggle At N Dowling Ave & N 4th Street
09:37 - Smooth Exit Off Of Highway 100 South
09:55 - Possible Improvement - Smoother Handling Of Lane Change After Curve
10:11 - Possible Improvement - More Human-like Creep Behavior Even When Traffic Light Changes
10:43 - Issue - FSD Lacks Confidence w/ UPL Turn Into Parking Lot
10:58 - Closing Thoughts

Video #53 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.12.2 - Home to Parents’ House

This video contains footage recorded on June 30th, 2022 of FSD Beta 10.12.2 driving me from my home (NE Minneapolis) to my parents’ house (Coon Rapids, MN). As with my other 10.12.2 videos, I recognize several improvements along the way as well as some persistent map-related issues that unfortunately lead to disengagements.

01:27 - Disengagement / New Behavior - Wrong Turn After Engaging FSD From Driveway
02:27 - Persistent Issue - Incorrect Speed Limit For Residential Streets In Minneapolis
03:17 - Confirmed Improvement - Reduced Latency w/ Traffic When Making UPL Turn Onto 37th Ave NE
04:11 - Disengagement / Persistent Mapping Issue - Car Incorrectly Attempts To Use Turn-Only Lane At 37th Ave NE & Central Ave NE
05:04 - Multiple Disengagements - More Issues Due To Aforementioned Mapping Issue
06:05 - Continued Confidence w/ 4-way Stop At 37th Ave NE & Madison Pl NE
06:42 - Possible Improvement - Less Hesitation At 4-way Stop At 37th Ave NE & 5th St NE
07:01 - Planner Continues To Properly Use Shared Bike Lane When Making UPR Turn Onto University Ave NE
07:17 - New Issue w/ 10.12.2 - Another Occurrence Of Uncertainty w/ Lane Selection During UPR Turn
08:14 - Smooth Exit Off Of Highway 10 And Transition From NoAP to FSD
09:22 - Possible Improvement - Most Confident Left Turn Yet Onto Main Street
10:11 - FSD Doing A Great Job Handling Direct Sunlight
10:38 - FSD Continues To Ace Left Turn Onto Northdale Blvd
11:11 - Another Perfect Left Turn Onto 124th Ave NW
11:25 - Possible Improvement - Smoothest Deceleration Yet Before Right Turn Onto Jonquil St NW
11:36 - New Issue w/ 10.12.2 - Bizarre Planner Behavior On Unmarked Roads

Video #53 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.12.2 - Home to Parents’ House

This video contains footage recorded on June 30th, 2022 of FSD Beta 10.12.2 driving me from my home (NE Minneapolis) to my parents’ house (Coon Rapids, MN). As with my other 10.12.2 videos, I recognize several improvements along the way as well as some persistent map-related issues that unfortunately lead to disengagements.

01:27 - Disengagement / New Behavior - Wrong Turn After Engaging FSD From Driveway
02:27 - Persistent Issue - Incorrect Speed Limit For Residential Streets In Minneapolis
03:17 - Confirmed Improvement - Reduced Latency w/ Traffic When Making UPL Turn Onto 37th Ave NE
04:11 - Disengagement / Persistent Mapping Issue - Car Incorrectly Attempts To Use Turn-Only Lane At 37th Ave NE & Central Ave NE
05:04 - Multiple Disengagements - More Issues Due To Aforementioned Mapping Issue
06:05 - Continued Confidence w/ 4-way Stop At 37th Ave NE & Madison Pl NE
06:42 - Possible Improvement - Less Hesitation At 4-way Stop At 37th Ave NE & 5th St NE
07:01 - Planner Continues To Properly Use Shared Bike Lane When Making UPR Turn Onto University Ave NE
07:17 - New Issue w/ 10.12.2 - Another Occurrence Of Uncertainty w/ Lane Selection During UPR Turn
08:14 - Smooth Exit Off Of Highway 10 And Transition From NoAP to FSD
09:22 - Possible Improvement - Most Confident Left Turn Yet Onto Main Street
10:11 - FSD Doing A Great Job Handling Direct Sunlight
10:38 - FSD Continues To Ace Left Turn Onto Northdale Blvd
11:11 - Another Perfect Left Turn Onto 124th Ave NW
11:25 - Possible Improvement - Smoothest Deceleration Yet Before Right Turn Onto Jonquil St NW
11:36 - New Issue w/ 10.12.2 - Bizarre Planner Behavior On Unmarked Roads
Your videos are very nice. No shaking and voice is clear. What camera and attachments do you use for recording this? Do you use a remote microphone? I have never recorded an FSD beta run. Do you use FSD Beta in peak traffic? I personally use it once in 2 weeks at off peak times to help the Beta software development. Most of the time, I run the Autopilot in the city and it does everything but auto steer.

Reactions: dburkland
Your videos are very nice. No shaking and voice is clear. What camera and attachments do you use for recording this? Do you use a remote microphone? I have never recorded an FSD beta run. Do you use FSD Beta in peak traffic? I personally use it once in 2 weeks at off peak times to help the Beta software development. Most of the time, I run the Autopilot in the city and it does everything but auto steer.

Appreciate the positive comments! I use a Go Pro Hero 10 w/ the media mod + wired Shure microphone. Mount-wise I use this plus a standard Go Pro extension arm. I try my best to use FSD Beta when recording videos in peak traffic so best simulate the most stressful of situations but it all depends on my schedule.

Reactions: 45thParallel
Video #54 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.12.2 - NE Minneapolis Test Loop (Shortened)

This video contains footage recorded on the afternoon of July 18th, 2022 of FSD Beta 10.12.2 driving me around a shortened version of my NE Minneapolis Test Loop. Unlike my previous NE Minneapolis Test Loop videos, this one skips just to the parts of the route that have not yet been covered / tested in my other 10.12.2 videos. A couple of improvements were noticed along the way however many persistent issues remain, one of which I have escalated to the Autopilot team for further investigation.

00:40 - Persistent Issue - FSD Continues To Stray Too Much Toward Center On Wide Unmarked Road
01:22 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation At 3-way Stop At St. Anthony Pkwy & NE 5th St
01:53 - Confirmed Improvement - Planner Now Properly Aligns Itself To Right Curb Around Tight Curves
03:31 - Persistent Issue - Car Refuses To Proceed On Green At Plymouth Ave N & 2nd St N (Attempt #1 - Fail)
04:36 - Persistent Issue - Car Refuses To Proceed On Green At Plymouth Ave N & 2nd St N (Attempt #2 - Pass)
05:14 - Persistent Issue - Car Refuses To Proceed On Green At Plymouth Ave N & 2nd St N (Attempt #3 - Fail)
06:39 - FSD Continues To Avoid Dead Space On Stinson Blvd Between Lowry Ave NE & 27th Ave NE
07:44 - Persistent Issue - Planner Incorrectly Uses Dead Space On Stinson Blvd Between 27th Ave NE & St Anthony Pkwy
09:04 - FSD Continues To Confidently Handle 4-way Stop At St Anthony Pkwy & 29th Ave NE
09:23 - Confirmed Improvement - No More Unnecessary Hesitation At St Anthony Pkwy & 30th Ave NE
10:18 - Slight Regression - FSD Decelerates Too Much During Left Turn Onto Johnson St NE
11:02 - Persistent Issue - Car Unnecessarily Moves To Right & Uses Dead Space Before Initiating Left Turn Onto 36th Ave NE
11:21 - Persistent Issue - Incorrect Speed Limit For Residential Streets In Minneapolis
11:43 - Confirmed Improvement - No More Unnecessary Hesitation At 2-way Stop At 36th Ave NE & Pierce St NE
12:13 - Outro

Reactions: Dewg
Video #55 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.12.2 - NE Minneapolis Test Loop (Shortened)

This video contains footage recorded on the morning of August 31st, 2022 of FSD Beta 10.69.1 driving me from my home (NE Minneapolis) to my company’s office (Edina, MN). Aside from the disengagement at the beginning of the video, we enjoy one of the smoothest rides to date w/ FSD Beta thanks to the many enhancements included with 10.69.1. Along the way we also confirm that a long-standing lane selection issue at the intersection of 37th Ave NE & Central Ave NE has been resolved. I am beyond excited because this issue has plagued each of the previous FSD Beta 10.x builds and has always resulted in a disengagement each & every the intersection came up. Shoutout to the Autopilot team for their continued focus and hard work on FSD Beta, it is great to see the improvements with each build first hand!

01:13 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue- FSD Struggles To Enter Fillmore St NE From Driveway
02:01 - Persistent Issue - Incorrect Speed Limit For Residential Streets In Minneapolis
02:26 - Issue - Unnecessary Hesitation After Otherwise Solid UPL Turn Onto 37th Ave NE
03:05 - Confirmed Improvement - Ego Car Incorrectly Attempts To Use Turn-Only Lane At 37th Ave NE & Central Ave NE (Attempt #1 - Pass)
04:22 - Confirmed Improvement - Ego Car Incorrectly Attempts To Use Turn-Only Lane At 37th Ave NE & Central Ave NE (Attempt #2 - Pass)
05:10 - Confirmed Improvement - Ego Car Incorrectly Attempts To Use Turn-Only Lane At 37th Ave NE & Central Ave NE (Attempt #3 - Pass)
05:31 - Tesla Vision Doing A Fantastic Job Handling Intense Sunlight
06:47 - Possible Improvement - More Confidence w/ 4-way Stop At 37th Ave NE & 5th St NE
07:07 - Possible Improvement - Less Hesitation w/ 3-way Stop At St. Anthony Pkwy & NE 5th St
07:47 - Persistent Issue - FSD Signals As If It Will Attempt To Enter Oncoming Lane On St Anthony Pkwy
08:42 - FSD Continues To Properly Align Itself On Discolored Road Surface on St Anthony Pkwy
09:17 - Planner Continues To Do Solid Job w/ Placement Of Ego Car On St Anthony Pkwy
10:33 - Persistent Issue - FSD Needs To Do A Better Job Aligning Ego Car To Center Line Before Making Left Turns
10:44 - Possible Improvement - More Confidence w/ UPL Turn Onto 42nd Ave N
11:03 - Throttle Input Required To Proceed w/ Left Turn In Construction Zone At 42nd Ave N & Lyndale Ave N
11:43 - Throttle Input Again Required To Proceed In Construction Zone At Lyndale Ave N & 41st Ave N
11:56 - Possible Improvement - FSD Nails Perfect Left Turn Around Flattened Lane Separators
12:42 - Possible Improvement - Improved Confidence At N Dowling Ave & N 4th Street
13:26 - Issue - Rate Of Deceleration Too Aggressive When Exiting Freeway
13:44 - Possible Improvement - Best Ever Handling Of UPR Turn Onto Edina Industrial Blvd
14:58 - Issue - FSD Needs To Signal Sooner Before Slowing Down For Upcoming UPL Turn

Video #56 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.69.1 - St Anthony Pkwy UPL Turn

This video contains footage recorded on the afternoon of August 31st, 2022 of FSD Beta 10.69.1 taking an UPL turn onto St Anthony Pkwy from Johnson St NE (NE Minneapolis). I have previously documented FSD Beta's struggles with this particular UPL turn in my "Home to Timberwolf CrossFit (No Highway)" videos and unfortunately the struggles remain in 10.69.1. The issues with this particular UPL turn seem to be caused by excessive latency / jitter when reacting to oncoming traffic. The ego car's posture also is very confusing as it commonly tries to align itself to the right curb using what should be considered dead space while also aiming the nose at oncoming traffic (including the steering wheel). There is definitely a lot of room for improvement here however I am confident that the Autopilot team is up for the task and will tackle this problem in the near future.

00:00 - UPL Turn Onto St Anthony Pkwy (Attempt #1 - Fail)
01:40 - UPL Turn Onto St Anthony Pkwy (Attempt #2 - Fail)
01:58 - Final Thoughts

• Informative
Video #57 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.69.1 - NE Minneapolis Test Loop (Shortened)

This video contains footage recorded on the evening of August 31st, 2022 of FSD Beta 10.69.1 driving me around a shortened version of my NE Minneapolis Test Loop. Similar to my last NE Minneapolis Test Loop video, this one follows an abbreviated route that includes areas not yet covered by my other 10.69.1 videos. Along the way we recognize yet another long-standing issue has been resolved due to the enhancements included with FSD Beta 10.69.1 which has me pumped! This particular issue involved the intersection of Plymouth Ave N & 2nd St N where the car would not proceed on green even when:

- The light was green
- We were following a lead car OR we were the lead car
- There were no VRUs, vehicles, or any other type of obstacle present that would obstruct our path

As I continue to do more testing I continue to find more behavior enhancements that have me beyond excited for what is to come with the next FSD Beta builds. Thanks again to the Autopilot team for putting so much into each FSD Beta build, it is appreciated!

00:39 - New Issue - FSD Beta 10.69.1 Creeps Into Intersection But Hesitates To Complete UPL Turn On Yellow
01:01 - Confirmed Improvement - Car Refuses To Proceed On Green At Plymouth Ave N & 2nd St N (Attempt #1 - Pass)
01:21 - Confirmed Improvement - Fantastic UPL Turn Onto Washington Ave N w/ Limited Visibility
01:50 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation When Approaching Oncoming Traffic & VRUs Before UPL Turn
02:31 - Confirmed Improvement - Car Refuses To Proceed On Green At Plymouth Ave N & 2nd St N (Attempt #2 - Pass)
02:50 - Another Confident UPL Turn Onto A Busy Washington Ave N
03:16 - Persistent Issue - Jerky Creep Behavior When Encountering Oncoming Traffic Before UPL Turn
03:27 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation Again When Approaching Oncoming Traffic & VRUs Before UPL Turn
03:45 - Confirmed Improvement - Car Refuses To Proceed On Green At Plymouth Ave N & 2nd St N (Attempt #3 - Pass)
04:27 - Possible Improvement - Most Confident UPL Turn Onto University Ave NE To Date
05:03 - Disengagement / Persistent Mapping Issue - Car Incorrectly Attempts To Use Right Lane (Time-restricted Parking)
05:50 - Additional Comments Re: Parking Lane Restrictions On University Ave NE
06:15 - Persistent Issue - Abrupt Braking When Approaching Right Turn Onto Lowry Ave NE
06:25 - Persistent Issue - Confusion w/ Lane Selection After Making Right Turn Onto Lowry Ave NE
07:01 - New Issue - Confusion w/ Lane Selection After Lane Increase Around Lowry Ave NE & Washington St NE
07:18 - Persistent Issue - Jerky Creep Behavior When Approaching Traffic Waiting To Turn
07:50 - Disengagement - GoPro Battery Swap
08:36 - Possible Improvement - Most Confident UPL Turn Onto Stinson Pkwy To Date
09:02 - New Issue - Phantom Braking On Stinson Pkwy
09:32 - Persistent Issue - Planner Incorrectly Uses Dead Space On Stinson Blvd Between 27th Ave NE & St Anthony Pkwy
09:49 - Persistent Issue - FSD Incorrectly Aligns Ego Car To Middle Of Wide Unmarked Lane
10:31 - FSD Continues To Confidently Handle 4-way Stop At St Anthony Pkwy & 29th Ave NE
11:00 - FSD Continues To Confidently Handle 4-way Stop At St Anthony Pkwy & 30th Ave NE
11:30 - FSD Executes A Smooth UPR Turn Onto Johnson St NE
12:32 - Persistent Issue - Ego Car Unnecessarily Uses Dead Space On Right Before Initiating UPL Turn Onto 36th Ave NE
12:43 - Possible Regression - Confusing Posture Before Making UPL Turns On Wide 2-lane Roads Like Johnson St NE
13:22 - Possible Regression - Confusion & Unnecessary Hesitation At 2-way Stop At 36th Ave NE & Pierce St NE
13:38 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Throttle Input After Making UPL Turn Onto Fillmore St NE
13:57 - Outro

• Informative
Video #58 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.69.1 - Roundabout & Wide Unmarked Road Torture Test

This video contains footage recorded on the evening of September 3rd, 2022 where I put FSD Beta 10.69.1 through a roundabout & wide unmarked road torture test. Part 1 of the video focuses on a pair of roundabouts located near a busy Walmart in Roseville, MN. I attempted to traverse this pair of roundabouts 10 times, 5 times from East to West and another 5 times from West to East. I considered each test a fail if I had to disengage or intervene with any sort of driver input. After performing all 10 attempts, I recorded 5 passes and 5 fails.

In part 2 of the video we head over to NE Minneapolis where we see how well FSD Beta 10.69.1 handles wider unmarked roads by performing 3 tests on 5th Street NE. 2 of the attempts were made going from North to South and another attempt was made going South to North. I understand these type of scenarios weren't mentioned in the FSD Beta 10.69.1 release notes however I wanted to create a baseline that we can compare against with future builds. I hope you enjoy!

00:00 - Intro - Part 1 (Roundabout Testing)
01:23 - Roseville Roundabout Test #1 (East to West Attempt #1 - Pass)
02:50 - Roseville Roundabout Test #2 (West to East Attempt #1 - Fail)
03:41 - Roseville Roundabout Test #3 (East to West Attempt #2 - Pass)
04:25 - Roseville Roundabout Test #4 (West to East Attempt #2 - Fail)
05:14 - Roseville Roundabout Test #5 (East to West Attempt #3 - Pass)
06:09 - Roseville Roundabout Test #6 (West to East Attempt #3 - Fail)
06:58 - Roseville Roundabout Test #7 (East to West Attempt #4 - Pass)
07:55 - Roseville Roundabout Test #8 (West to East Attempt #4 - Pass)
08:56 - Roseville Roundabout Test #9 (East to West Attempt #5 - Fail)
09:48 - Roseville Roundabout Test #10 (West to East Attempt #5 - Fail)
10:24 - Closing Thoughts On FSD Beta’s Current Handling Of Roundabouts
11:36 - Intro - Part 2 (Wide Unmarked Road Testing)
11:55 - Confirmed Improvement - Ego Car Incorrectly Attempts To Use Turn-Only Lane At 37th Ave NE & Central Ave NE
12:48 - Possible Regression - Excessive Hesitation At 4-way Stop At 37th Ave NE & 5th St NE
13:12 - Wide Unmarked Road Test #1 (North to South Attempt #1)
14:29 - Wide Unmarked Road Test #2 (South to North Attempt #1)
15:01 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation At 3-way Stop At 5th Street NE & St Anthony Pkwy
16:28 - Wide Unmarked Road Test #3 (North to South Attempt #2)
17:49 - Closing Thoughts On FSD Beta’s Current Handling Of Wide Unmarked Roads

Video #59 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.69.1 - Home to Columbia Heights

This video contains footage recorded on the evening of September 1st, 2022 of FSD Beta 10.69.1 driving me from my home (NE Minneapolis) to Columbia Heights and back. During this drive I was excited to confirm that 1 long-standing navigation-related issue has been resolved thanks to 10.69.1! This route was also more exciting than usual thanks to some heavy road construction taking place on Central Ave NE.

00:58 - FSD Aces Right Turn Out Of Driveway w/ Turn Signal
01:09 - Disengagement - Saved A Squirrel
01:20 - Possible Regression - Increase In Hesitation When Traversing Fillmore St NE & 36th Ave NE
02:02 - Slight Hesitation When Making UPL Turn Onto 37th Ave NE
02:46 - Issue - Erratic Throttle Inputs & Wheel Movements When Approaching 37th Ave NE & Central Ave NE
03:12 - Smooth Right Turn Onto Central Ave NE (Construction Zone)
03:37 - Construction Zone - Excessive Deceleration For No Reason
03:48 - Construction Zone - FSD Doing A Great Job Navigating Lane Redirection
04:08 - Construction Zone - FSD Again Doing A Great Job Navigating Lane Redirection
04:51 - Continued Success w/ No Unnecessary Hesitation At Central Ave NE & 47th Ave NE
05:09 - Confirmed Improvement - FSD No Longer Ignores Navigation By Trying To Turn At Intersection Before Destination
06:33 - Start Of Return Trip
06:58 - Persistent Issue - Jerky Creep Behavior When Approaching Traffic Waiting To Turn
07:26 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue - FSD Attempts To Enter & Remain In Shoulder After UPR Turn Onto Central Ave
08:28 - New Issue - Phantom Braking On Central Ave NE For Pedestrian On Sidewalk
08:55 - Construction Zone / Disengagement - Excessive Deceleration At Lane Redirection
09:15 - Construction Zone / Disengagement - Planner Gets Confused At Lane Redirection
09:27 - Construction Zone - FSD Again Doing A Great Job Navigating Lane Redirection
09:38 - Confirmed Improvement - Best Ever Confidence w/ Construction Zones At Speed
10:16 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Throttle Input After Making UPL Turn Onto 37th Ave NE
10:48 - Smooth Deceleration Before Right Turn Onto Fillmore St NE
11:02 - FSD Doing A Great Job Slowing After Approaching Vehicle Blocking Road
11:23 - Persistent Issue - Incorrect Speed Limit For Residential Streets In Minneapolis
11:45 - Possible Regression - Increase In Hesitation When Traversing Fillmore St NE & 36th Ave NE
12:02 - Closing Thoughts

Video #60 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.69.1 - Home to Timberwolf CrossFit (No Highway)

This video contains footage recorded on the afternoon of September 1st, 2022 of FSD Beta 10.69.1 driving me from my home (NE Minneapolis) to Timberwolf CrossFit (St. Paul, MN), all on city streets (no highways). Staying true to the theme of my previous 10.69.1 videos, we acknowledge yet another long-standing issue has been resolved in this video. This particular issue would result in erratic behavior every time I traversed the intersection of St Anthony Blvd & Silver Lake Rd and has been present in each of the 10.x builds. Considering all of the issues fixed by 10.69.1 it is currently my favorite FSD Beta build by far!

00:56 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation At 3-way Stop At 36th Ave NE & Pierce St NE
01:35 - Confident UPR Turn Onto Johnson St NE
02:27 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue - Confusing Line Choice + Decision Latency w/ UPL Turn Onto St Anthony Pkwy
04:33 - New Issue - FSD Almost Blows 4-way Stop At St Anthony Pkwy & 29th Ave NE
05:11 - Solid Handling Of Busy 4-way Stop At St Anthony Pkwy & Stinson Blvd NE
05:44 - Confirmed Improvement - Confusion w/ Path Selection After Crossing Intersection Of St Anthony Blvd & Silver Lake Rd
07:49 - Regression - Lane Selection Confusion On St Anthony Blvd At Lane Addition Point
08:11 - Persistent Issue - Lane Selection Mistake On Industrial Blvd At Lane Addition Point
08:59 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue - Unnecessary Lane Change When Approaching Industrial Blvd NE & Hennepin Ave E
09:55 - Comment About MN State Fair
10:14 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue - Creep Behavior While Waiting To Enter Turn Lane Needs Attention
10:49 - Comment About Incorrect Use Of Shoulder
12:04 - New Issue w/ 10.69.1 - Aggressive Braking When Approaching Pedestrians Standing On Sidewalk Near Crosswalk
13:24 - Persistent Issue - Erratic Behavior After Cancelling Route
14:20 - FSD Politely Yields For Oncoming Car Turning Left & Gets A Nod From A Human Driver
14:41 - Persistent Issue - Jerky Creep Behavior In Heavy Traffic
15:06 - Persistent Issue - More Jerky Creep Behavior In Heavy Traffic
15:57 - FSD Does A Fantastic Job Yielding To Human Drivers Running Red Light
16:55 - Disengagement / New Issue - FSD Inches Too Far Into Intersection Before UPL Turn Onto St Claire Ave
17:52 - Comment about Camera Gate
19:35 - New Issue - Excessive Braking For Cyclist Who Is No Longer In Our Path
20:23 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue - FSD Positions Ego Car To Far To The Right Confusing Surrounding Drivers
20:52 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation w/ UPL Turn Onto West 7th Street

Video #61 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.69.1.1 - NE Minneapolis Test Loop (Best Yet!)

00:41 - Persistent Issue - Incorrect Speed Limit For Residential Streets In Minneapolis
00:52 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation At 2-way Stop At Fillmore St NE & 36th Ave NE
01:21 - New Issue - Phantom VRU On Fillmore St NE
01:32 - Confirmed Improvement - Human-like Creep For Visibility Behavior Before UPL Turn Onto 37th Ave NE
02:21 - Confirmed Improvement - Ego Car Incorrectly Attempts To Use Turn-Only Lane At 37th Ave NE & Central Ave NE
02:51 - Confirmed Regression - Excessive Hesitation At 4-way Stop At 37th Ave NE & 5th St NE
03:34 - Persistent Issue - FSD Continues To Stray Too Much Toward Center Of Wide Unmarked Road
03:58 - FSD Being Properly Cautious When Approaching VRUs
04:38 - Possible Improvement - FSD No Longer Signals As If It Will Attempt To Enter Oncoming Lane On St Anthony Pkwy
05:36 - FSD Continues To Properly Align Itself On Discolored Road Surface On St Anthony Pkwy
05:57 - Planner Continues To Do A Solid Job w/ Placement Of Ego Car On St Anthony Pkwy
06:10 - New Issue - Use Of Dead Space On St Anthony Pkwy Puts Us Too Close To Curb
06:46 - Possible Improvement - Gradual Slowing Before Tight S-Curve On St Anthony Pkwy
06:57 - Persistent Issue - FSD Needs To Do A Better Job Aligning Ego Car To Center Line Before Making Left Turns
07:08 - New Issue - Excessive Creeping Into Intersection Due To Non-optimized Posture
07:47 - Persistent Issue - Jerky Creep Behavior When Encountering Oncoming Traffic Before UPL Turn Onto Lyndale Ave N
09:21 - Persistent Issue - More Jerky Creep Behavior When Encountering Oncoming Traffic Before UPL Turn
09:39 - Confirmed Improvement - FSD Performs Perfect UPL Left Turn Onto Dowling Ave N Around Flattened Lane Separators
09:52 - Disengagement - Confusion w/ Lane Selection On Dowling Ave N
10:13 - Issue - Excessive Hesitation At Dowling Ave N & Washington Ave N
10:58 - Possible Improvement - FSD Properly Selects Left Lane After Lane Addition Point At Washington Ave N & 26th Ave N
11:25 - Confirmed Improvement - Increase In Confidence When Approaching VRUs At Speed
11:40 - Initial Impressions Of FSD Beta 10.69.1.1 So Far
12:19 - Regression -Jerky Wheel Movement Before UPL Turn Onto Plymouth Ave N
12:55 - Confirmed Improvement - Car Refuses To Proceed On Green At Plymouth Ave N & 2nd St N
13:17 - Confirmed Improvement - FSD Has Mastered The UPL Left Turn Onto University Ave NE
13:55 - Persistent Mapping Issue - Car Incorrectly Attempts To Use Right Lane (Time-restricted Parking)
14:35 - FSD Again Being Properly Cautious When Approaching VRUs
15:48 - Persistent Issue - Jerky Deceleration When Approaching Right Turn Onto Lowry Ave NE
16:01 - Persistent Issue - Confusion w/ Lane Selection After Making Right Turn Onto Lowry Ave NE
16:35 - Regression - Confusion w/ Lane Selection After Lane Increase Around Lowry Ave NE & Washington St NE
17:40 - Impressive Deceleration Profile When Approaching Intersections In FSD Beta 10.69.1.1
18:24 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Throttle Input After Making UPL Turn Onto Stinson Pkwy
19:32 - Persistent Issue - FSD Incorrectly Aligns Ego Car To Middle Of Wide Unmarked Lane
19:44 - Excellent Handling Of Busy 4-way Stop At Stinson Blvd NE & St Anthony Pkwy
20:12 - Buttery Smooth Deceleration When Approaching St Anthony Pkwy & 29th Ave NE
20:40 - FSD Continues To Confidently Handle 4-way Stop At St Anthony Pkwy & 30th Ave NE
21:12 - FSD Confidently Handles UPR Turn Onto Busy Johnson St NE
21:37 - More Thoughts On FSD Beta 10.69.1.1’s Performance
22:11 - Persistent Issue - Ego Car Unnecessarily Uses Dead Space On Right Before Initiating UPL Turn Onto 36th Ave NE
22:51 - Confirmed Improvement - Confusion & Unnecessary Hesitation At 2-way Stop At 36th Ave NE & Pierce St NE
23:12 - Textbook Left Turn Onto Fillmore St NE
23:30 - Closing Thoughts

Video #62 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.69.1.1 - St Anthony Pkwy UPL Turn

00:00 - UPL Turn Onto St Anthony Pkwy (Attempt #1 - Pass)
00:13 - Comments About How FSD Positions Ego Car To Right As It Approaches Stop Line
01:12 - UPL Turn Onto St Anthony Pkwy (Attempt #2 - Pass)
02:43 - UPL Turn Onto St Anthony Pkwy (Attempt #3 - Fail)
03:38 - Bonus Footage - UPL Turn Onto Busy Johnson St NE
04:13 - Persistent Issue - Jerky Creep Behavior When Initiating UPL Turn

Video #63 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.69.1.1 - Keys Cafe (St. Paul)

00:47 - Persistent Issue - Incorrect Speed Limit For Residential Streets In Minneapolis
01:29 - Regression - FSD Abruptly Stops Short Of 2-way Stop At 35th Ave NE & Buchanan St NE
01:57 - FSD Yielding For Oncoming Bus On Tight City Street
02:12 - Extremely Confident UPR Turn Onto Johnson St NE
02:41 - Updated Thoughts On Performance Of FSD Beta 10.69.1.1
03:00 - Accidental Disengagement / Persistent Issue - Confusing Line Choice w/ UPL Turn Onto St Anthony Pkwy
04:14 - Confirmed Improvement - FSD Almost Blows 4-way Stop At St Anthony Pkwy & 29th Ave NE
04:36 - New Issue - FSD Has Trouble Discerning Moving Vehicles From Parked Vehicles At St Anthony Pkwy & Stinson Blvd NE
04:57 - Issue - Overly Cautious Brake Input When Approaching Queuing Pedestrians On St Anthony Pkwy
05:48 - Confirmed Improvement - Confusion w/ Path Selection After Crossing Intersection Of St Anthony Blvd & Silver Lake Rd
06:48 - Persistent Issue - Lane Selection Mistake On Industrial Blvd At Lane Addition Point
07:47 - Smooth Left Turn Onto Broadway St NE
08:09 - Smooth Right Turn Before Merging Onto MN-280 S
08:55 - Exiting MN-280 S onto Territorial Rd
09:19 - Confirmed Improvement - Confident UPL Left Turn Even w/ Late Detection Of VRUs On Sidewalk
10:08 - Excellent Right Turn Onto Raymond Ave
10:20 - Closing Thoughts

Video #64 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.69.1.1 - Railroad Crossing

This video contains footage recorded on the morning of September 4th, 2022 of FSD Beta 10.69.1.1 reacting and slowing for a passing train at a railroad crossing near my house. It's been a while since I've encountered a train while testing FSD Beta so I figured I would share for those curious on how the software currently reacts to this situation.

00:00 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation At 2-way Stop At Fillmore St NE & 36th Ave NE
00:12 - FSD Properly Yields For Passing Train
01:16 - Issue - FSD Signals As If It Wants To Sneak Around A Passing Train

Reactions: power.saver