Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

Minnesota desired SuperCharger locations (General location)

• Minneapolis/St. Paul

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Rochester

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Duluth

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • St. Cloud

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Mankato

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Winona

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Bemidji

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Brainerd

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Fargo (ND)

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In that picture it doesn't look like the power company has done their thing yet and that could take some time as well as a couple of electrical inspections. Does anyone know how much of the cable has been pulled and connected? There are also a couple of bases for either lights or a roof that need to be installed. Once everything is done how long for Tesla to complete their QA?

Hinckley is live per MN Tesla Group Facebook post within the last hour.

Yes, it is. Here is the photo from their facebook page:

12112192_10156163722565015_4321043689867838153_n.jpg

Charged at Baxter yesterday (first one?) I asked the woman at the desk in the hotel if they had approached Tesla or if Tesla had approached them about the SCs. She said it was Tesla that reached out to them, partly because they have a sister hotel in Alexandria, which is on Tesla's map for a future SC, although not until 2016. Nevertheless, we may already know the location of the Alexandria SC.

Baxter_SC.jpg

Baxter_SC-2.jpg

It's great that we have 2 more superchargers in Minnesota, and I am glad for those of you who will find them useful. Too bad the Minneapolis location no longer appears on the map for 2015. That gives me another winter of misery driving to the Twin Cities.

It's great that we have 2 more superchargers in Minnesota, and I am glad for those of you who will find them useful. Too bad the Minneapolis location no longer appears on the map for 2015. That gives me another winter of misery driving to the Twin Cities.
How miserable is this misery of yours? There are a plethora of chargers scattered around the Twin Cities, these won't do?

uh, if you can get here, feel free to reach out to us for destination charging if the nearly-100 charging locations don't do it for you. If by chance you are coming through Maple Grove, stop at the Great River Energy HQ (look for the windmill in the middle of the shopping district) and charge for free (wind / solar). You'll need a Chargepoint card.

I am in the same boat here. While there are lots of destination charges, Supercharging is a different situation because eliminates charging plans (mostly). With SC, just stop and done in 30 minutes and I can make it home. With destination, bit more time and planning required as you have to allocated 5+ hours usually (more if L2 charger or cold weather) plus the S needs to be at a specific location. For example if I drive in for a Twins game, it is awesome that Ramps A and B having charging but I have to plan on 5-6 hours of charging to make it back. With SC, no planning needed, just stop on the way home for 30 minutes.

I'm not complaining here (ok maybe a little) because there are excellent charging options in msp, but the SC was something I was really looking forward to this year. Jeff at the service center also mentioned this when I asked him 'yeah you and about 500 others are waiting for it'). So they know and hopefully soon it will happen. Perhaps they will add something also when they expand the service center (I heard that is happening now to double the size?).

On on a side note, looks like the solar farm is live at MSP on top of Ramp Blue/Red and they added 4 more charging stalls. This is great because the last time I flew out of MSP I took the last charging stall in the Blue ramp. They were completely full. Great sign of progress!