Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

Minnesota desired SuperCharger locations (General location)

• Minneapolis/St. Paul

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Rochester

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Duluth

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • St. Cloud

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Mankato

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Winona

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Bemidji

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Brainerd

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Fargo (ND)

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a response to an inquiry of mine from the supercharger team that they are actively scouting locations in Duluth and they too think that somewhere with access to both MN 35 and WI 53 is the best option. They also asked for site suggestions and I mentioned the DECC complex and Canal Park as I've previously mentioned on these forums. Here's hoping that can make that work somehow.

Just another reminder that they are open and looking for email feedback at:

I did find this link:

eTRAKiT

that allows you to quickly search electric permits in MN. Select "Description" in the drop-down menu and type in, "Tesla." It shows the Albert Lea and Worthington SC's, so I am guessing it will show the others once permitted. Worthington still shows up as not finalized, weird.

There is a new permit today. I think it is at Grand Superior Lodge, just sw of Castle Danger, MN. I can't tell what it is for beyond two Tesla car charging stations. I'm guessing they're getting Destination Chargers, which is awesome, but still no Superchargers permits as far as I can tell. It would make some sense for Tesla to push the Duluth SC to the NE if there is going to be one in Pine City/Hinckley, but I don't think they will do that.

There is a new permit today. I think it is at Grand Superior Lodge, just sw of Castle Danger, MN. I can't tell what it is for beyond two Tesla car charging stations. I'm guessing they're getting Destination Chargers, which is awesome, but still no Superchargers permits as far as I can tell. It would make some sense for Tesla to push the Duluth SC to the NE if there is going to be one in Pine City/Hinckley, but I don't think they will do that.

Also, you are correct because the fee is only $40. The Supercharger fees are a few hunder dollars.

Inquired with Tesla last week about a Duluth area supercharger and just received this reply:

"Thank you for you follow up email. We have begun construction at our site in Duluth and we expect to open this station by early July."

Inquired with Tesla last week about a Duluth area supercharger and just received this reply:

"Thank you for you follow up email. We have begun construction at our site in Duluth and we expect to open this station by early July."

1. That's pretty awesome. Construction started.
2. Welcome to the forum and thanks for passing along that communication :)

1. That's pretty awesome. Construction started.
2. Welcome to the forum and thanks for passing along that communication :)

Construction is probably done already and they are awaiting hookup to the grid. I did a quick search for permits and newspaper articles but came up empty. Maybe someone else will have better luck than I - few sites open without TMC having found them first!