Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Tesla Owners Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, This is off topic but didn't see anywhere else to post. I split my time between Mn and Florida and I have a Model S (SN# 3166). Has a Mn Tesla Owners Club been established. Not clear based on the threads I see so far.

Hey there!
As Vexar said, we just had our first meeting a few weeks ago.
If you want to private message me your email address I will make sure to add you to the email list.
We really need a better method and I am considering creating a Facebook site for us, or some web location soon.

Vexar, swing by the future Service site lately? I heard they just finished putting down the epoxy and the walls are going up!

I would like to join the club - MTOC! Twin Cities - Model S, Blk, P85, Pano. - When do you meet up next? More info? Thanks.

IMG_1010.jpg

Join us to form the Minnesota Tesla Owners Club, if you are in Minneapolis, St. Paul, Twin Cities, Duluth, Rochester, Winona, Mankato, or any other city in Minnesota, MN.

Cem Erdem

Tesla Model S
#11,745

Hello, everyone! We are just picking up our brand-new red Model S on Friday, and are interested in getting involved in owners / enthusiast groups in the Twin Cities.

P.S. Vexar... I didn't see the confetti cannon as an option. Was that after-market?

My wife works in theater. She's not letting me install it until I finish building a custom door to our bedroom. I have a few things to figure out, though. Right now, if I were to fire it, I'd also have to find a way to shut the hood afterwards. Also, I am unsure of how to do a remote ignition for it. Do not want to drill holes!

Future owner here. Most likely the gen3 model. How was the winter for you guys? I assume most of you have charging overnight in a garage. Where I work we have a parking garage but no charging options. What would the battery loss be leaving it outside in the freezing temperatures for 8 hours? I guess its not that big of a deal for me seeing I only have like 3 miles to drive to work. Just was curious.

-Erik

What would the battery loss be leaving it outside in the freezing temperatures for 8 hours?

I received my car on Christmas Day so I had it for most of the winter and while at work it was outside in the open regularly for 8+ hours a day. Prior to the phone app I would see about a 10-20 mile loss by the time I got back to the car and after the app I would preheat and normally see a 5-10 mile loss. The pre-app numbers have been said to partly be because of some error in how the range was being figured but that was fixed with a software update around the same time as the app came out.

For you if you are only driving 3 miles don't expect to see any regen unless you preheat the car. Prior to the app it could take almost 20 miles (my trip home) for me to get full regen back.

I received my car on Christmas Day so I had it for most of the winter and while at work it was outside in the open regularly for 8+ hours a day. Prior to the phone app I would see about a 10-20 mile loss by the time I got back to the car and after the app I would preheat and normally see a 5-10 mile loss. The pre-app numbers have been said to partly be because of some error in how the range was being figured but that was fixed with a software update around the same time as the app came out.

For you if you are only driving 3 miles don't expect to see any regen unless you preheat the car. Prior to the app it could take almost 20 miles (my trip home) for me to get full regen back.

Thanks for the info. Thats not that bad at all. Would love to take a drive in a Model S sometime.

As I mentioned in another thread, I just ordered and confirmed my 85. Thanks for the winter information. I plan to convince my employer to add chargers soon, hopefully in time for my delivery. I love the iPhone app concept and cannot wait to preheat my car in the winter.

So how many Minnesota owners are there?

As I mentioned in another thread, I just ordered and confirmed my 85. Thanks for the winter information. I plan to convince my employer to add chargers soon, hopefully in time for my delivery. I love the iPhone app concept and cannot wait to preheat my car in the winter.

When I asked how many Teslas in MN at the EP Service Center I was told 50 in Minnesota and 36 in the greater Minneapolis/St Paul area. That was a month ago, so it could be a little higher with new deliveries every week.

I now know that there are 70 in the Twin Cities, and over 100 across the state. Additionally, Ashley has sold 16 in the last 2 weeks.

There were 15 Teslas in the state before a single Model S rolled off the line. Although... Signature #50 (or so) is in MN.

Last edited:
Guys,

Do we have any three-phase or high amperage public charging stations anywhere in the metro?

P.S. As a side note, there were 3 Teslas sitting at the light at the intersection of Washington Ave and 3rd Ave N last night. All facing different directions. 10:20pm. Mine is in pearl white, there was a red one and a black one getting off of 394. The infestation is finally here! :)

My S85 is due mid-September! We need to get some HPWCs around the state. I have been in contact with a business in Ely, nothing set in stone yet. I have emailed a few places in Grand Marais...no response yet.

Look for me in the SW metro and metro come Sept! Blue 85 with base wheels and no pano.