Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be interested to know of a good shop that can do PPF. I commute about 85 miles round trip into Afton a couple times a week and I'm killing more bugs than 10,000 bug zappers. Would PPF for ceramic make it easier to clean dead bugs off the front end?

PPF will protect you from rock chips for sure, especially given the miles you're putting on (I'm guessing a lot of highway in there too). I don't know if it's easier to clean, but the ceramic definitely is. I've read some doing both PPF and ceramic. PPF for the whole car seems like overkill to me, but I'm exploring at least the bumper/hood/front quarters.

PPF will protect you from rock chips for sure, especially given the miles you're putting on (I'm guessing a lot of highway in there too). I don't know if it's easier to clean, but the ceramic definitely is. I've read some doing both PPF and ceramic. PPF for the whole car seems like overkill to me, but I'm exploring at least the bumper/hood/front quarters.
Yeah, 99% of my driving is highway. 20 miles on state roads, and the rest on I-94. If I did do PPF, I'd just do the front like you're thinking. I would only PPF the whole car if I was going for a matte look (which I'm not interested in. If my car was black, then matte would definitely be on the table).

Reactions: E30-4ME
Just found this waiting room. Since I'm in WI and the state doesn't allow direct sales, I'm picking up at the Maplewood SC, which makes me a Minnesotan for the purposes of this forum. @Tararua I see you are in Winona. Greetings from a fellow resident of the Driftless region. I'm down in La Crosse. It looks like you picked up your Y recently. Congrats! I've still got a couple months of waiting.

Reactions: Tararua
Just found this waiting room. Since I'm in WI and the state doesn't allow direct sales, I'm picking up at the Maplewood SC, which makes me a Minnesotan for the purposes of this forum. @Tararua I see you are in Winona. Greetings from a fellow resident of the Driftless region. I'm down in La Crosse. It looks like you picked up your Y recently. Congrats! I've still got a couple months of waiting.
Yes, picked it up 8 days ago. Love it. So far, I'm utterly, 100% happy. I get down to LAX pretty regularly, it's a good town. Good luck on surviving the wait. I didn't think I would...

Ordered my blue Model Y with 19" wheels, tow hitch, and 7 row seating in early Nov 2021. My delivery date has bounced around at least 8 times with the earliest being May 11th. It just went from a window of June 8th-July 20th to a window of Oct 2022-Jan 2022. *UGH*!!!

Reactions: Aviateur17
Ordered my blue Model Y with 19" wheels, tow hitch, and 7 row seating in early Nov 2021. My delivery date has bounced around at least 8 times with the earliest being May 11th. It just went from a window of June 8th-July 20th to a window of Oct 2022-Jan 2022. *UGH*!!!
I've got the same build. White interior - not sure what your interior color is. Order date 10/31/2021. Estimate now is May 8 to June 5th 2022. My EDD started at June then went to Feb/Mar and then Apr/May and then what it is now. Hasn't jumped around much at all. Make sure you have your profile completed.