Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! I'm close by, down in La Crosse. I was about to wonder how you got a VIN with an order date of January, but then I see you added FSD. Glad to see adding FSD appears to work for accelerating delivery! I've been waiting since the fall and am close now, so I won't be adding FSD, but I'm glad you are able to pick yours up with such a short wait.

Reactions: Aviateur17
Congratulations! I'm close by, down in La Crosse. I was about to wonder how you got a VIN with an order date of January, but then I see you added FSD. Glad to see adding FSD appears to work for accelerating delivery! I've been waiting since the fall and am close now, so I won't be adding FSD, but I'm glad you are able to pick yours up with such a short wait.

I really started debating FSD at the end of the quarter when others were adding that and switching to performance and getting VINs shortly thereafter. Then I figured that I could still get it at 10k, when it is now 12k. And the technology is only getting better with each software update. I doubt I will use it a lot at first, until I get more comfortable with everything else. But I thought locking it in now for 10k was more of an investment in the future features, etc. And to help get a VIN faster :)

Sold my M3 in September and ordered MY - date has been moved 4 times. From Jan to Feb to March and yesterday went to April 24-May 22.
White on White LR..Gemini. How about folks waiting in MN.. did your EAD move?

That was a mistake. My M3 trade-in for a PY went up $4,100 from Jan to April alone. I can't imagine how much it went up from September to now.

I have a EDD of May 18 - June 1. Until a couple days ago, it was May 21 - June 18 (one month range). I still hang onto the slight hope that the longer range might mean delivery from Austin, since a Fargo buddy of mine with a M3 has had a one week range for awhile now.

Last edited:
That was a mistake. My M3 trade-in for a PY went up $4,100 from Jan to April alone. I can't imagine how much it went up from September to now.

I have a EDD of May 18 - June 1. Until a couple days ago, it was May 21 - June 18 (one month range). I still hang onto the slight hope that the longer range might mean delivery from Austin, since a Fargo buddy of mine with a M3 has had a one week range for awhile now.
I talked to an SA and the Model Ys from Texas are not going to be the same as what we ordered last year. Our cars will be coming from Fremont CA. The SA told me that we would be given the option to switch to a Model Y from Texas but that means lower range and probably an additional wait time, although probably not much if they start cranking them out. Not sure what the cost difference will be yet either.

• Informative
Reactions: towndrunk
My buddy just got a VIN for his red M3. He ordered when we all thought Biden's EV credit had a chance of passing.

He texted me saying he's thinking of staying with his '18 M3. I tried to tell him, he'll never have a better trade in offer and it'll be a long time before we see new car prices dropping. Not sure if I got through to him or not. I hope he changes his mind.

I'm expecting a VIN any day.

FINALLY... Just got my VIN - 426xxxx
OD: 9/28 MYLR/White/White/19"/no FSD/no tow EDD: 5/13 - 5/17 changed to 5/9 - 5/13
Just got the delivery date confirmation - this Thursday, 5/12. 18th day after receiving the VIN.
Not sure why they are delivering to my house even though Tesla Service Center is only 2 miles away (from where I live).

Any pros/cons of delivery at home versus picking up at the Service center?

Reactions: towndrunk
Just got the delivery date confirmation - this Thursday, 5/12. 18th day after receiving the VIN.
Not sure why they are delivering to my house even though Tesla Service Center is only 2 miles away (from where I live).

When I picked mine up on Wednesday at Maplewood, I found a rock chip on driver's door and tiny scratch on the back. The service center took care of it right away before I accepted delivery. It was convenient. My first, and I'm totally amazed with it!

They also gave me a few minutes tips and tricks lesson since it was my first Tesla. Which was nice.

Reactions: goitsme48

When they deliver to your house you are less likely to reject the car and perhaps harder to directly document issues at the time of delivery. I intend to pick up at the SC for the reasons above. Congrats and I'm sure you'll love the car. I have another month or so wait for mine.

Do you have a trade? When I was expecting my M3 in Sept '18, I was told delivery would be later and I'd have to quit driving my trade-in. No way I was doing either.

Besides, nothing better than a 4 hour joy ride with my new car!