Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minor bodywork issue since delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

It has been nearly 3 months exactly since I got my MS and I noticed this slight panel misalignment (rocker panel under the door/frame). I noticed it and brought it up at delivery. The delivery team took a note of it and said they would fix it. Initially, they said they would try to remove it and re-fit it and if it didn’t work, they would order a new part and replace it.

One week later, I took it in to the SC and they just removed the panel and re-fit it. The issue still persisted. I had a chat with the service advisor and compared the panel to that on a car in the showroom floor. The panel was perfectly aligned on that car (if you run your hand over it, it would feel seamless). The SA said he will try to fix it and asked me to bring it in again.

A month later and after documenting a few more bugs, I brought the car in. They kept it for two weeks and gave me a rental car They fixed a rattle on the passenger side sunvisor, they replaced the charge port and were pretty accommodative. However, the panel issue remained. They said the body shop tried to refit the panel and the gap still remains and will remain and that this is the best that it will get. I was pretty disappointed and pointed out my frustration. The SA was nice and definitely tried his best to help accommodate me for my concerns.

Overall I still have some mixed feelings on this: One one side I understand why they do not probably want to order a new rocker panel, paint it, replace it and only see that the gap still remains (perhaps due to a molding issue on the frame itself). Furthermore, it doesn’t inspire me of too much confidence: what if they replace it and there is a new issue with the new part (paint not matching due to it being a new/separate part that wasn’t painted at same time as the rest of the bodywork, a misalignment somewhere else). I eventually decided to let it go, but as you can clearly tell, it still hounds me a bit. So I figured I want to get the opinion of some other MS owners here:

Is this worth hounding them further? The SA said this is the best they can do. For further, I have to escalate it up the chain.
Given the panel issues with the Teslas, is is relatively not that bad and should i just learn to live with it?

Thanks,

V

Attachments

• 3A45A190-97A3-4312-8948-037CBC2FF77D.jpeg
    3A45A190-97A3-4312-8948-037CBC2FF77D.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 3E6BA19F-18CC-406C-A71C-4B80727A2A01.jpeg
    3E6BA19F-18CC-406C-A71C-4B80727A2A01.jpeg
    400 KB · Views: 77
  • FD188C5A-2D2E-4FE5-8E71-3525557B9074.jpeg
    FD188C5A-2D2E-4FE5-8E71-3525557B9074.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 71