Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minor Door Ding - Sentry Mode Caught Driver/License Plate - Looking for a repair shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parked at the gym and this MASSIVE Lexus SUV comes parking within inches of me. I looked at the driver—women dead in the eyes as I cautiously got out of a very small space. She could have easily backed up and gave herself more space but choose to try and shimmy herself out and door dinged my babe.

I caught this all on Sentry Mode, but I’m unsure how to move forward as I don’t wanna hurt my CARFAX or Insurance record.

Tl:dr — Caught via Sentry Mode women door ding my car in her MASSIVE Lexus SUV and don’t know how to proceed.

I’m more upset about the principle of she just had to move her SUV over a little and would have had A LOT of space on the driver side.

Questions:
- Am I being over the top and should I not even pursue this minor door ding and start parking FAR FAR AWAY?
- Recommended repair people?

IMG_0134.jpeg
IMG_0135.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
Looks pretty minor but I’d still be upset. Can you post the sentry video? Always curious to see how clueless people are when parking next to others.

Can’t speak to how much it would cost to fix.

I always they and park far away from others or on the end where I can leave more space.

Reactions: CASE01
Yeah, it wasn’t smart of her to do, but that’s so minor I’d just ignore it and move on. A good cough near the car is likely to do more damage.

A small pebble on a road or coming off a truck will DEFINITELY do more damage than that.

Just walk away and shake your head ... it’s not worth stewing over.

Reactions: CASE01
Yeah, it wasn’t smart of her to do, but that’s so minor I’d just ignore it and move on. A good cough near the car is likely to do more damage.

A small pebble on a road or coming off a truck will DEFINITELY do more damage than that.

Just walk away and shake your head ... it’s not worth stewing over.

@tvad @dmurphy you're both right. It's just SOO vexing because they literally had MASSIVE amounts of available space on their passenger side but chose to not recorrect their parking and attempt to "squeeze" their way out of the LARGE SUV. It just makes me upset because I worked hard for my car "FRIDAY" and shouldn't have to PPF or extra protect her from assholes.

"RANT OVER"

Thanks everybody!

Looks pretty minor but I’d still be upset. Can you post the sentry video? Always curious to see how clueless people are when parking next to others.

Can’t speak to how much it would cost to fix.

I always they and park far away from others or on the end where I can leave more space.

I have no idea how to post videos or I would!

I’m more upset about the principle of she just had to move her SUV over a little and would have had A LOT of space on the driver side.
I once sat in my car in a gym parking lot watching someone blocking traffic waiting for another party to pull out of a spot close to the gym so they could take that spot. This went on for 5 minutes. Of course there were lots of free spots 6 away. I mean they were going to a gym and could not walk the extra 5 spaces?:confused:

• Funny
Reactions: jboy210 and CASE01