TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Minor Door Ding - Sentry Mode Caught Driver/License Plate - Looking for a repair shop

Discussion in 'California' started by FitYNABer, Oct 6, 2019.

1. FitYNABer

FitYNABer Member

Parked at the gym and this MASSIVE Lexus SUV comes parking within inches of me. I looked at the driver—women dead in the eyes as I cautiously got out of a very small space. She could have easily backed up and gave herself more space but choose to try and shimmy herself out and door dinged my babe.

I caught this all on Sentry Mode, but I’m unsure how to move forward as I don’t wanna hurt my CARFAX or Insurance record.

Tl:dr — Caught via Sentry Mode women door ding my car in her MASSIVE Lexus SUV and don’t know how to proceed.

I’m more upset about the principle of she just had to move her SUV over a little and would have had A LOT of space on the driver side.

Questions:
    - Am I being over the top and should I not even pursue this minor door ding and start parking FAR FAR AWAY?
    - Recommended repair people?

IMG_0134.jpeg IMG_0135.jpeg

• Funny x 1
  2. El0n

El0n Member

So you were inside your Tesla when this happened?

First ding will hurt the most. Really sorry this happened to you.

3. whatthe2

whatthe2 Active Member

Looks pretty minor but I’d still be upset. Can you post the sentry video? Always curious to see how clueless people are when parking next to others.

Can’t speak to how much it would cost to fix.

I always they and park far away from others or on the end where I can leave more space.

4. FitYNABer

FitYNABer Member

I was inside my Tesla when she pulled up. I got out and walked into the gym but found a "Sentry Event" when I got back in. Drove home and watched the video of her hitting my vehicle than walking into the gym.

5. tvad

tvad Member

• Like x 1
  6. dmurphy

dmurphy Woof.

Yeah, it wasn’t smart of her to do, but that’s so minor I’d just ignore it and move on. A good cough near the car is likely to do more damage.

A small pebble on a road or coming off a truck will DEFINITELY do more damage than that.

Just walk away and shake your head ... it’s not worth stewing over.

• Like x 1
  7. El0n

El0n Member

I’d be livid but I’d also understand it’s just inevitable. People suck man.

• Like x 1
  8. FitYNABer

FitYNABer Member

@tvad @dmurphy you're both right. It's just SOO vexing because they literally had MASSIVE amounts of available space on their passenger side but chose to not recorrect their parking and attempt to "squeeze" their way out of the LARGE SUV. It just makes me upset because I worked hard for my car "FRIDAY" and shouldn't have to PPF or extra protect her from assholes.

"RANT OVER"

Thanks everybody!

9. FitYNABer

FitYNABer Member

I have no idea how to post videos or I would!

10. whatthe2

whatthe2 Active Member

Ok no prob. Just curious. Sorry man/woman.

• Like x 1
  11. ucmndd

ucmndd Active Member

Yes, obviously.

• Like x 1
  12. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

I once sat in my car in a gym parking lot watching someone blocking traffic waiting for another party to pull out of a spot close to the gym so they could take that spot. This went on for 5 minutes. Of course there were lots of free spots 6 away. I mean they were going to a gym and could not walk the extra 5 spaces?:confused:

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  13. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

I can see the paint damage in your pic, but is there also a dent that you can see or feel ?? Regardless of the damage, I'm sorry this happened to you and your car...

14. FitYNABer

FitYNABer Member

Yes, very small/minor dents.

Thank you it really sucks ass!

15. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

I've had PDR done twice (Honda Prelude and Chevy Volt) and both times the repair job was amazing. The Prelude was similar to yours, but caused by a rock thrown from a lawnmower. That rock left a very noticeable dent...