Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

minor issues with pleather and b pillar trim. Will they be fixed via mobile service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a bubble in the pleather of my drivers headrest, and interior trim of B pillar refuses to stay affixed to interior sheet metal etc. I’ve removed and reinstalled interior trim on many cars. This car refuses to stay properly affixed.
I occasionally bump it with hip or butt getting out of car and it pops out. I’ve tried to push pillar trim back in, banged on it too. No long term luck. One minor bump and it’s out again.

I don’t want to drive four hours round trip and be provided a crappy enterprise rental, only to be told it’s done in about an hour or two labor, for something that looks easily done by mobile service.

What is you alls experience?

Anyone else get a bubble like this in your pleather?
BTW, how do you all clean and condition your seats? I wish Tesla have an option for leather over fake stuff. Back in the day it was called “vinyl”, not “synthetic leather”. Mine are clean, but it definitely does not look like leather does after cleaning. Armor all protectant, griotts or meguirs leather cleaner, conditioner or protectant. It just doesn’t look like leather. streaky, cloudy and prone to spots etc

Tips appreciated.

Attachments

• BF8E271F-33B9-48E3-B5BB-291C7785415A.jpeg
    BF8E271F-33B9-48E3-B5BB-291C7785415A.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 235
  • 8402B575-3361-4ED2-A4F6-153C0C8F6754.jpeg
    8402B575-3361-4ED2-A4F6-153C0C8F6754.jpeg
    281.6 KB · Views: 221
I have a bubble in the pleather of my drivers headrest, and interior trim of B pillar refuses to stay affixed to interior sheet metal etc. I’ve removed and reinstalled interior trim on many cars. This car refuses to stay properly affixed.
I occasionally bump it with hip or butt getting out of car and it pops out. I’ve tried to push pillar trim back in, banged on it too. No long term luck. One minor bump and it’s out again.

I don’t want to drive four hours round trip and be provided a crappy enterprise rental, only to be told it’s done in about an hour or two labor, for something that looks easily done by mobile service.

What is you alls experience?

Anyone else get a bubble like this in your pleather?
BTW, how do you all clean and condition your seats? I wish Tesla have an option for leather over fake stuff. Back in the day it was called “vinyl”, not “synthetic leather”. Mine are clean, but it definitely does not look like leather does after cleaning. Armor all protectant, griotts or meguirs leather cleaner, conditioner or protectant. It just doesn’t look like leather. streaky, cloudy and prone to spots etc

Tips appreciated.
Have had my M3 long range about 3 weeks have same issue with B pillar interior popping out… did you get it fixed?