TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

minor scratch repair advice

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by nleggatt, Dec 31, 2013.

1. nleggatt

nleggatt Member

Hey All, I'm interested in finding out what I can do to fix 2 minor scratches in my car... I have no idea how they got there but they are right below the passenger front door running parallel to each other vertically about a foot apart... they are about 1.5 inches (maybe closer to 1 inch) long and appear to be in the clear coat (I can catch my nail on them). they are not fine scratches, but almost like if you had sap on the car and scrapped the soft sap with your finger name and had a bit of a bumpy groove.

Thoughts?

Yes, I'll take a pic shortly :)

2. dratifk

dratifk Sorry Sold my *****

Sounds like they won't Buff out. You will need to have a body shop repaint. At least doesn't sound like panel repair. What color is the paint? This is the reason I have a Full XPEL clearbra.

3. nleggatt

nleggatt Member

What about the 3m clear coat repair stuff?

4. nleggatt

nleggatt Member

5. dratifk

dratifk Sorry Sold my *****

I had a scratch like that once on a Mercedes found out it was because at the airport some one who was taking their carry on out of the car had the wheel scrape the paint. Take it to any body shop just to get an idea. You don't need to commit.