Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirror auto tilt issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing that might be worth trying is to set the car to park, and then take the mirror (or both mirrors if they are both affected) through the entire vertical range of motion a couple of times. In other words, scroll all the way up until it won't go further and then scroll all the way down until it won't go further. Do that a couple of times, then set the mirror to where it should be and save the profile.

I had another issue with the seat back of the Model Y not adjusting when switching profiles even though all of the other movements were happening. I was able to resolve it (it has been almost a year, since with no issues) by taking the seat back all the way through it's range of motion a couple of times. When I then selected my profile it went all the way back, but then when I adjusted it after that and saved the profile it worked perfectly fine afterwards.

The only explanation I can think of for this is that there is a controller responsible for knowing what the position of various seat components are at any time and in some scenarios that can go out of calibration with the actual physical position of the seat. It seems that moving the seat element through the entire range of motion effectively recalibrates that range of motion for the seat element.
Still working. Good advice, thank you very much!

Reactions: Automobilist