TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mirror Auto Tilt/Swing in Reverse is Adjustable!

Discussion in 'Model X' started by aija SigX 649, Sep 27, 2016.

1. aija SigX 649

aija SigX 649 Winged Lion

Wanted to share my discovery is case others did not know this adjustment existed. I was frustrated with how far my passenger side mirror swung out and did not tilt down nearly enough while parking in reverse to be useful. It dawned on me yesterday to try adjusting it while the car was in reverse ..and voila, it now adjusts to this position on subsequent D/R transitions! The same goes for the drivers side mirror. Auto tilt feature must be enabled.

• Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Yup. Page 40 of the manual...

"Mirror Auto-tilt When Reversing

Both exterior mirrors can automatically tilt downward when backing up. To adjust the auto-tilt position, shift into Reverse, then adjust the mirrors as described above (press the button associated with the mirror you want to adjust, then press the dial to move the mirror to the desired position). Touch Save on the touchscreen to save the mirror adjustment in your driver profile."

• Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  3. aija SigX 649

aija SigX 649 Winged Lion

Page 40?? ..no wonder i didn't know about it :)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  4. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Yeah, who actually reads those things anyway?!? :p;)

5. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

After two and a half years of ownership of my Model S, I just discovered last week that there's a pocket built into the from of the seat cushion.

6. ThomasB

ThomasB Member

Thanks for the information... I just adjusted my rear view mirrors while in reverse.

• Like x 1
  7. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

I miss that pocket. I used to keep my garage access card and charging network cards in there on my S, and muscle memory made me reach between my legs the first time I drove my X to work.

8. RobW2428

RobW2428 Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

If you're looking to create new muscle memories (that doesn't include reaching between your legs), you could always install your own pocket on one or both sides of the X center console (recommend near the front, so that seats won't interfere with them when moved all the way forward). These mesh pockets wouldn't fit well on the seat front (similar to where they are on an S) because it's not a totally flat surface and probably won't stick well.