Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirror Auto Tilt/Swing in Reverse is Adjustable!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to share my discovery is case others did not know this adjustment existed. I was frustrated with how far my passenger side mirror swung out and did not tilt down nearly enough while parking in reverse to be useful. It dawned on me yesterday to try adjusting it while the car was in reverse ..and voila, it now adjusts to this position on subsequent D/R transitions! The same goes for the drivers side mirror. Auto tilt feature must be enabled.

Yup. Page 40 of the manual...

"Mirror Auto-tilt When Reversing

Both exterior mirrors can automatically tilt downward when backing up. To adjust the auto-tilt position, shift into Reverse, then adjust the mirrors as described above (press the button associated with the mirror you want to adjust, then press the dial to move the mirror to the desired position). Touch Save on the touchscreen to save the mirror adjustment in your driver profile."

Yup. Page 40 of the manual...

"Mirror Auto-tilt When Reversing

Both exterior mirrors can automatically tilt downward when backing up. To adjust the auto-tilt position, shift into Reverse, then adjust the mirrors as described above (press the button associated with the mirror you want to adjust, then press the dial to move the mirror to the desired position). Touch Save on the touchscreen to save the mirror adjustment in your driver profile."

Page 40?? ..no wonder i didn't know about it :)

I miss that pocket. I used to keep my garage access card and charging network cards in there on my S, and muscle memory made me reach between my legs the first time I drove my X to work.
If you're looking to create new muscle memories (that doesn't include reaching between your legs), you could always install your own pocket on one or both sides of the X center console (recommend near the front, so that seats won't interfere with them when moved all the way forward). These mesh pockets wouldn't fit well on the seat front (similar to where they are on an S) because it's not a totally flat surface and probably won't stick well.

BOOYAH - Thank you. After a software update cleared out all of my settings, energy history, trip odo info, streaming logins, I got everything set except the mirrors would tilt UP when going into reverse. Now I have it! BRILLIANT thanks. I never got to page 40 either ha ha.