Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirror Folding in Reverse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is a 2002 Model 3 and the mirrors fold down in R. For my car, the mirror function allow independent Left/Right control of the mirrors except for the Tilt-in-Reverse function. It is difficult to use this function (and I think unsafe) when driver's side tilts also. Only the passenger's side should tilt for this to make sense since that's where the curb usually is. Thanks.

Mine is a 2022 Model 3 and the mirrors fold down in R. For my car, the mirror function allow independent Left/Right control of the mirrors except for the Tilt-in-Reverse function. It is difficult to use this function (and I think unsafe) when driver's side tilts also. Only the passenger's side should tilt for this to make sense since that's where the curb usually is. Thanks.

I will try not to be a smart ass although I feel the urge.
This could be an R&D issue, we have many powers here
and we want to help, I believe this may have been covered
before but hate the search function as well.
Sorry I have not been quite right since I watched OZ and
dark side of the moon.

Last edited:
While it's typically true that the driver's side mirror tilting down is a nuisance when parking, think about the (admittedly rare, not nonetheless possible) case where you are parking on the left side of a one-way street.

A couple of nights ago when I was backing out of a parking space which was accessible from a driveway across a sidewalk, I needed both mirrors to tilt down as I couldn't easily distinguish the driveway from the curb (kerb):

s27_parking.jpg

I parked where the red X is and had to back out along the black route. The red line is the curb, which I really didn't want to drive over.

I will try not to be a smart ass although I feel the urge.
This could be an R&D issue, we have many powers here
and we want to help, I believe this may have been covered
before but hate the search function as well.
Sorry I have not been quite right since I watched OZ and
dark side of the moon.
Not a smart ass at all. Reason I didn't search was because in the process of posting, several postings popped up in the Similar Threads panel at bottom of page and none of them addressed my problem.

While it's typically true that the driver's side mirror tilting down is a nuisance when parking, think about the (admittedly rare, not nonetheless possible) case where you are parking on the left side of a one-way street.

A couple of nights ago when I was backing out of a parking space which was accessible from a driveway across a sidewalk, I needed both mirrors to tilt down as I couldn't easily distinguish the driveway from the curb (kerb):

View attachment 864232

I parked where the red X is and had to back out along the black route. The red line is the curb, which I really didn't want to drive over.
Acknowledged.

I wonder how that pick-up truck will get out - probably just drive over the kerb.