Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirror not adjusting in reverse..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My right side mirror does not adjust down when I put the car into reverse - and when I try to adjust it by the switch it only moves a little bit the gets stuck. A new press on the switch will move it a bit more and so on.

..So I'd like to take it apart and see if it can be solved by dismantling and re-greasing it again. But how do I take the mirror apart?

Every once in a while I notice the left mirror doesn't come out of the tilted reverse position once I put the car in drive again. End up having to move the mirror manually for a moment to trigger the "Return" to profile button, then press to get the mirror back into normal position. Haven't found any coincidental events to explain this, so could just be a random bug. Not so bad given the infrequency.

Looks like there is no tutorial coming up - I just bought the car used from a private seller and I did honestly not expect it to have any warranty left - but lo and behold, it still is under warranty until december 2018. :) The seller was apparently not aware of any warranty left on the car either. sweet!

Every once in a while I notice the left mirror doesn't come out of the tilted reverse position once I put the car in drive again. End up having to move the mirror manually for a moment to trigger the "Return" to profile button, then press to get the mirror back into normal position. Haven't found any coincidental events to explain this, so could just be a random bug. Not so bad given the infrequency.
The Vancouver service centre has replaced our driverside mirror twice in hopes of correcting a similar problem, and it still doesn't work properly. The problem first cropped up about a year ago. Occasionally the mirror will not go to the preset position (set in the driver profile) when shifting from reverse to forward, and, less frequently, when shifting from forward to reverse. Selecting driver profiles at the top or the screen and touching the driver name usually causes the mirror to go to it's correct position. Sometimes requires more than one touch of the driver name.