Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirror Not Going Back To Normal position after Autotilt ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had this issue of the passenger side mirror not going back to original position , and just staying tilted down as I drive .

Have manually adjusted it back to normal position , but the next day it has same problem.....

Has anyone else, had this problem ? If so , how did you solve it ?

Or do I need to make an appointment with the service centre ?

Perhaps tomorrow I will try toggling auto-tilt off and on again , to see if it corrects its self ...lol

Position both mirrors where you want them, then save your profile.
Now, put the car in reverse, position both mirrors where you want them to look and save your profile.
Put the car back in Drive or Park and save your profile.
Understand now?
:)

Reactions: badiban
I have the same problem. I will try Akikiki's suggestion tomorrow. I never set a profile for my reverse position, so maybe that's why. Still seems like a strange bug. Was going to get it serviced, but I suspect it's a software problem rather than a hardware problem.

I have had this issue of the passenger side mirror not going back to original position , and just staying tilted down as I drive .

Have manually adjusted it back to normal position , but the next day it has same problem.....

Has anyone else, had this problem ? If so , how did you solve it ?

Or do I need to make an appointment with the service centre ?

Perhaps tomorrow I will try toggling auto-tilt off and on again , to see if it corrects its self ...lol

I just had this problem for the first time in a year of using auto tilt...had to manually adjust while driving, not the best time to be fiddling with the mirror for sure.

I recently helped a new owner that stopped me in a parking lot and asked about her car, not my car. She said she had this problem where when she put the car in Drive, the mirrors tilted down and she didn't like it. "Each time I get in my car to go somewhere the mirrors tilt down and I have to adjust them What's wrong with my mirrors. They won't stay where I put them". Nothing, I said, they are doing what they were designed for. She got in her car and put the car in Drive and the mirrors tilted down. I asked her to adjust them and she did. I said, "Now, save your profile". She did. Then she said, "Stop". I watched as she got out close the door, then opened and got back in. She put the car in Drive and we watched the mirrors. They didn't move. She said, "Oh - I didn't save the profile before". Ta-Daaaa

I just had this problem for the first time in a year of using auto tilt...had to manually adjust while driving, not the best time to be fiddling with the mirror for sure.

Well, if you decide to manually adjust your mirrors for when you back up, you can hold your foot on the brake while you put the car in reverse to adjust the tilt down. You don't have to find a really big parking lot and drive in reverse while you adjust the mirrors. :)

Last edited:
Since to save

Well, if you decide to manually adjust your mirrors for when you back up, you can hold your foot on the brake while you put the car in reverse to adjust the tilt down. You don't have to find a really big parking lot and drive in reverse while you adjust the mirrors. :)

I dont think you understand the issue. It happens when you put the car in Drive. The mirrors dont always fully return from the reverse position. It is intermittent, so not an issue seen all the time. So you end up on the road, then realize your mirror isnt right. Unitl I figured out the retap profile button workaround, I used to have to adjust on the fly too, very annoying.

It is like the profile setting doesnt complete all the time. Clicking the profile again seems to fix it for me.

I guess I didn't understand that description. I remember we had the stuck mirrors after an update.
Next time, I recommend you perform a reboot while they are in the wrong position. The likely will not move or correct themselves when rebooting. So, after the reboot, position them and save your profile.

This bug happens to me occasionally, I'd say maybe 7-8 times since I got the car 1.5 years ago. I usually just press my profile button again and it puts the mirrors back where they should be. The odd thing I noticed is it usually only happens to one mirror, it can be either the driver or passenger one.

Reactions: GtiMart