Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my Model S last week, I thought I read all the features and manual , I have not seen anything or anyone remarking on model S mirrors action..... I thought I was seeing things ,quite a few times when I saw the driver mirror slightly rotate like the adaptive lights ,my step father wanted to drive it, and I did not say anything to him about the mirrors. He also notice them slight turn, rotate , when making a wide turn. Then move back to position .Are we both missing information some where ,something in manual ?

I just received my Model S last week, I thought I read all the features and manual , I have not seen anything or anyone remarking on model S mirrors action..... I thought I was seeing things ,quite a few times when I saw the driver mirror slightly rotate like the adaptive lights ,my step father wanted to drive it, and I did not say anything to him about the mirrors. He also notice them slight turn, rotate , when making a wide turn. Then move back to position .Are we both missing information some where ,something in manual ?

The only automatic movements for exterior mirrors are: dip in Reverse, and fold.

The exterior mirrors dip a little when you put the car in Reverse, and will rise again to their set position when you take the car out of Reverse (put it in Park or Drive).

Auto-folding is a feature you can set on the console somewhere.

Thanks , I will have to pay closer attention, when my car gets back at Xpell. It should be finished either tomorrow Wednesday or Thursday. I hope it is a good job ,cost was $4800.00. For complete wrap of Ultimate plus headlights .Only thing they did not have to do was Roof,being sunroof. He said everything except the chrome, and windows .

The only automatic movements for exterior mirrors are: dip in Reverse, and fold.

The exterior mirrors dip a little when you put the car in Reverse, and will rise again to their set position when you take the car out of Reverse (put it in Park or Drive).

Auto-folding is a feature you can set on the console somewhere.
The mirrors will dip to the location you set them to when the car is in reverse. That can be 'a little' or 'a lot' :)

• Informative
Reactions: Sawyer8888